(21) Few More Fights

Y/N

To say the round started off with a boom, was both scarily accurate as well as a bit of an understatement. Bakugou's explosions basically rocked the stadium, sending dust everywhere.

I saw Uraraka evade the initial attack, sprinting around to dodge more of the explosions. Leaning forwards, I notice that she'd taken off her uniform jacket to use as a decoy to avoid the explosions, while also tapping the loose chunks of ground she passed by.

'Huh?' I rubbed my eyes, looking upwards to see a small but steadily growing pile of rubble in the air. 'Ohh I see what you did there Uraraka,' I smiled slightly at the realization.

Bakugou sent explosion after explosion at the girl, seemingly unaware of the floating mass above him. I can hear Mic speaking his.. less than unbiased commentary over the announcement system.

Boos can be heard throughout the crowd directed at the spiky pomeranian, causing me to frown. 'Do they really not see it?'

"Boo! What're you doing?! Go easier on her!"

"Who is this kid?! He's acting more like a villain than anything."

"Are you all blind or something?" I hear Dad's voice over the speaker. "Bakugou and Uraraka are both doing what it takes to win this battle. And Bakugou isn't taking it easy on her because he knows she's a worthy adversary. Anything less would be shameful. If you this is what you heroes think, maybe you should go back home and hang up your costumes."

'Well, he's completely right, but that was.. slightly harsh.'

Then the attention of the crowd finally dawns on the now massive pile of rocks floating above the two students, just as Uraraka puts her hands together, yelling, "Release!" As they all came tumbling down. The amount of rubble she'd accumulated was an extreme amount, by even that wasn't enough to stop Bakugou. He exploded everything within his proximity just before it reached him, destroying it into dust.

Uraraka on the other hand was done for. She'd normally already have a hard time lifting super heavy objects with her quirk, and since she'd expected her final move to work, didn't spare any energy left to counteract, especially considering the shock she seemed to be in.

She fell to the ground, covered in bruises and scratches as Midnight announces Bakugou as the winner.

I jumped up from my seat and made my way over to Recovery Girl's temporary office, knowing that's where my friend would end up after her fight. Surely enough by the time I was there, Uraraka was already put onto one of the cots, being treated by Recovery Girl.

"Y/N dear, she'll be fine soon enough. I know you probably want to heal her right now but you've got to save your strength for your upcoming matches, and besides, I am perfectly capable of healing this young girl," Recovery Girl told me, not in a condescending way or anything, but more like a reassurance.

I sighed and shot her a small smile, knowing she was right. 'Besides, Uraraka would need rest after everything she's gone through anyway,' I note.

I stayed by her bedside a little while longer until I realized my fight against Iida would be coming up soon enough. I wave a quick goodbye to Recovery Girl as I make my way back to the stand to see the progress of the current match.

'Todoroki vs. Deku, huh?'

By the time arrived, the majority of Deku's fingers had been broken.

'He's definitely going to get some sort of scar from that overuse...' I couldn't help but think.

Todoroki shot more ice towards the other boy, to which he'd deflected with one of his already broken fingers. On the other hand, Todoroki's right side was covered in an ever growing frost, and he appeared to be shivering.