Eight

Layla knew that Emmett was worried. They knew about her and she wondered how. Layla didn't say a word as Emmett fused over her. Emmett looked at Layla and walked over to her just to give her a kiss. "I won't let them hurt you."

"I'm sure their scared of me. The only thing that bothers me is how did he know what is was."

Emmett hugged her knowing this bothered her. Layla actually kept her mouth shut. Even if she said something, Emmett wouldn't listen as he was worried for her safety. She felt a kiss on her head making her look at Esme. "Are you okay?"

"No." Layla replies as she looked at Emmett. "I hate seeing him so stress because one simple person put me in danger." Layla looked at Esme. "How can I make him understand that he can't protect me all his life."

"I will do everything to keep you safe, Layla." Emmett tells her as he sat down on the other side of her. You are my mate and I will do whatever to protect you."

Layla smiled knowing he was right. He wanted to keep her safe like she would him. Layla hugged him understanding the fussing. "I love you, Emmett."

"I love you, Layla."
~~~
Layla sighed as she waited. Emmett stood by her side as they listened to Rosalie rant about how Bella put Layla and them in danger. Stefan didn't say a word as he knew his mate was right. They heard Carlisle and Edward explaining things to Bella.

"Do I have to go?"

"Layla..."

"Daddy, I'm tired of being protected when we aall know that I'm a Tribrid. I can help." Layla tells Carlisle as she looks at Emmett with pleading eyes. "Please."

Carlisle smiled knowing he could never say no to his daughter, plus Layla can learn more this way. "Of course, but your vampire side hasn't appeared just yet."

'This will help you learn more." Esme tells her as she moved Layla's hair. "I know Emmett will keep you safe."

"With my life." Emmett says as he looked at Layla. "I have so much to teach you."

Layla giggled as she was looking forward to helping instead of running away. Bella couldn't believe what she heard and shook her head. The Tribrid shouldn't even help. She should be running, but Emmett wants her by his side learning. Layla couldn't wait to learn.

"Let's go, love." Emmett said as they watched the car drive off with Bella in it. Layla nodded and followed them. Let the hunt begin.