007

september 16th, 2019
6:47 pm

september 16th, 20196:47 pm

"HELLA CROWDED OVER HERE." Jasmine commented from driver's seat as she surveyed the parking lot of the school.

Noelani peered at the lot from the backseat, trying to spot an empty parking space.

"I think I see one over there. Drive up a little." Sydney coached.

Jasmine pulled into a parking space in the second row and then parked the car.

Sydney pulled off her jean jacket and tossed it into the passenger seat.

"Uh, you're not gonna get cold?" Jasmine chuckled as the three girls walked side by side.

Sydney adjusted the extra basketball jersey that had Jordan Pope's number sewn onto the front and back, "No. I gotta make sure these bitches know who he belongs to."

Noelani giggles a little before tightening the low bun she had her hair in and widening her eyes, "Oh, shit."

The bleachers on each side of the wide basketball court were full with students, parents and family members of players on the team.

There was gray and lime green balloons tied onto the home side bleachers.

The audience was already boisterous, yelling out support for their favorite player even though the court was still empty.

"People here really love basketball, huh?" Noelani asked as she looked around the crowded gym area.

"People here really love Jalen Green." Jasmine corrected as the three made their way up the midnight colored bleachers.

As Noelani looked around at the people who were already sitting, she could spot the various posters with Jalen's name and face on them.

Noelani pulled her black swim team varsity jacket from her old high school closer around her torso as the trio sat near the middle of the bleachers.

"I'm so excited to see my baby win tonight," Sydney said with a grin.

"Who are they playing against?" Noelani said.

"Some team from San Antonio I think." Jasmine shrugged.

The score board clicked on with a boisterous buzz and the crowd started to cheer as both teams walked out onto the hardwood floor.