31

Hi, this is long overdue but I finally finished!! I don't know why I had such writers block on this chapter omg

Also there may or may not be a rant at the end of this chapter but feel free to skip lol it doesn't pertain to this book 

...

Amelia

I walk into the empty auditorium, my eyes scanning the empty seats until they land on Harry. He sits in the middle, silently gazing at the stage. Occasionally a crew member will come out to adjust either the microphone stand or play around with the lighting, but for the most part it's just him. 

I stand in my spot for a moment or two, just watching him. I wonder what's going through his mind. His tour finally starts tonight and I could only imagine how he feels. I'm both nervous and excited for Harry but I'm sure that my feelings don't even compare to his. 

I bite the inside of my cheek and slowly make my way down the aisle to where Harry is. He doesn't look at me as I finally reach him and take a seat beside him, but he acknowledges me by putting an arm around my shoulders and pulling me close to him. I sigh from contentment and rest my head on his shoulder. 

"I never thought I'd get here, you know?" Harry says softly to me after we sit in silence for a couple of minutes. "I know I've toured with One Direction but this is different. This is...all for me," 

I nestle in Harry's side even further and place a hand on his thigh, giving it a squeeze. 

"I'm so proud of you, my love," I tell him. "I always knew you'd be big and successful, even before we were dating," 

"Really?" Harry asks. 

"Mhmm. I knew there was something special about you when you were in One Direction but...listening to your music and actually witnessing you in the recording studio really opened my eyes. I knew you were going to do big things," 

Harry rests his cheek against the top of my head and pulls me closer to him. 

"Thank you for supporting me and just being there in general. I know it can't be easy. I'm sure you would have much rather preferred having a normal dating experience," Harry chuckles. 

I frown. I hope he knows that I wouldn't choose dating 'normally' over being with him. It's not the experience that necessarily matters, but the person. 

"I love you, Harry. I don't care if our relationship is a bit unconventional. I'm happy to be there with you every step of the way," I tell him, softly. 

I feel him smile against the top of my head. I absolutely adore the fact that Harry is a mush in every essence of the word. I've become addicted to making him blush and become soft. I don't compliment him for the sake of getting a reaction out of him, but it's just a side effect I've grown fond of. 

"I love you, Amelia. I hope you know that I'll always be there by your side too. I've been pretty shit at it since my career has really taken a toll -"

"Oh hush," I cut Harry off. "You've been there for me. You supported me through college and gave me an escape from the stress I was feeling. You came to my graduation because you promised you would, even though we weren't in the best place. I haven't had much going on lately but I trust you to know that when something does inevitably happen in my life, you'll be there by my side," 

"I'll always be there for you," Harry's quick to respond. "Always,"

The two of us sit in silence for a little while longer, just staring at the empty stage in front of us while we're wrapped up in each others arms. I feel a mixture of emotions coursing through me. I feel saddened that Harry and I will be going our separate ways for a little bit but at the same time I'm ecstatic for him to finally launch his solo career. I suppose that was already accomplished when he released his first album, but his world tour really puts everything into perspective and ties it all together. He'll get to witness all the support from his fans in person rather than virtually.