Chapter 18: Secret

#HHFM Chapter 18:

Secret

* * *

Mirae Lim slams Talie Alvarez — 'She's ilusionada.'

Ilang beses akong kumurap sa screen, just to make sure that I have read that correctly. I stared at the screen hard until I was sure that I read it right.

I looked at Cali who was busy talking to Raiko. Apparently, people found out about Ryo going to the hospital to accompany someone pregnant. It took three weeks for the word to spread. Kung hindi ako nag-aalaga ng bata, tulog naman ako, kaya wala akong oras na mag-check ng articles sa Internet. Sigurado akong may alam si Ryo rito kaya laging siya ang may hawak ng remote ng TV. Hindi ako aware na may kaguluhan na palang nangyayari.

It was all starting to make sense. Yesterday, I overheard Tita and Ryo talking about something related to Talie. She said something like not letting her use him for publicity. Akala ko pa naman e kung ano lang. Hindi ko alam na bali-balita na palang may anak na si Ryo.

Despite the public knowing about Talie's relationship with a foreign businessman, she had the guts to tell the media that she thought Ryo and her had something. She did not even bother to conceal his name. Their disgusting and rabid shippers were all disappointed. I was so close to thinking that she dared to do the first move of talking about her non-existent relationship with Ryo just so she could get the public's sympathy. She told the story as if he broke her heart, so she tried to move on and found the "love of her life" (her words, not mine) outside the country.

The story would sound so stupid if someone who knows the real deal were to read it. At this point, I'm convinced that between the two of us, she's the better story maker. She should try a creative writing career next time.

If it weren't for Cali, baka hindi ko rin ito malalaman. She and Nate arrived here earlier this morning. She started asking me questions na hindi ko masagot dahil hindi ko maintindihan. Doon niya nalaman na wala pala talaga akong kaalam-alam.

When someone asked Tita for a confirmation that Ryo has a son, her answer was flat-out "It's none of your business."

This has been going on for three days. Until now, walang binabanggit sa akin si Ryo. Hindi naman siya mukhang problemado. Maybe he hid it from me because he didn't want to stress me out.

If this were about me, I wouldn't care. But if it would involve Raiko, it would be a completely different issue.

"Ano? Kumusta ka riyan?" Cali asked, pulling me out of my trance. Ryo was downstairs getting food. Nate was sitting on the chair near the table, typing something on his phone.

She scoffed, probably noticing how worried I look. I don't want the public painting Raiko as a bastard. I'm not the type to engage in fights but if that were to happen, I would make sure Talie would need to use a wig on her next TV appearance because I would make sure to rip all her hair off!

"'Wag mong isipin 'yang intrimitidang 'yan. Nagpapa-relevant lang 'yan para 'di siya malaos agad. Kita mo namang uhaw 'yan sa spotlight, 'di ka na nasanay," she said, putting down the toy she was holding beside Raiko. "Hayaan mo nang si Tita ang magligpit sa kaniya. Pustahan tayo, nangangatog na 'yan ngayon. Wala na 'yang makukuhang modeling offer; tatanga-tanga siya e."

Nate chuckled. I sighed.

Akala ko kasi, tapos na. At kung tama ako, matagal-tagal na niyang boyfriend ang foreigner na iyon. Magaling lang siguro talaga siyang magtago ng ebidensya at gumawa ng istorya. I can't believe that she would go this low just to make sure the spotlight stays on her.