Chapter 6: The Planned Accidental Reunion

A/n: Well, let's get started my people.
Expect good stuff :(

___________________________

You had left at least an hour ago from Uzui's home already bored of how much you've walked by now, especially since most of the landscape was the same. Just a plain forest, and for a moment you actually thought that you were lost until you noticed some people who were walking together. "Probably hunters on their way to a village" You thought to yourself as you followed close behind them, remembering how your days of hunting animals were over. Now you were hunting Demons for the sake of humanity.

"I've already killed a good amount of Demons myself, and yet i still have to do the final selection.." You said as you lowered your head in boredom. You kept behind the trail of the group of people who had no idea who you were but didn't mind helping someone lost.

"Killed Demons?" Two voices quickly approached from the group of hunters. It was a young boy and what seemed to be older his sister. "What do you mean you killed Demons, sir?" He quietly and excitedly asked while you were still walking. "I go around helping and saving people who need it. Demons are real So we need to protect those who cannot protect themselves" You asnwered in quite a serious tone which made them nervous at first.

"And what's the mask for?" The sister asked. You removed it slowly and showed them a silly face to make them laugh and less scared

"It's to scare Demons off" you said jokingly while showing your gentle smile to the two children by your side. "Where are you heading now?" They both asked. "To prtoect those who cannot protect themselves" You replied happily putting your mask back on.

"But you know?" You said calmly "I used to be a normal hunter like you and your family. But after a great tragedy i work taking care of them so families like yours will forever be happy and safe."
You noticed the whole group going in another direction but you knew you had to keep on going on a straight path for now.

The girl then grabbed her brother by the hand an started leaving while saying goodbye. "Hey girl." You yelled out loud to which she just looked back at you. "Always take care of your younger brother" Which made her smile wide and happy and they kept going on their own way with the rest of their group.

At this point you were nearing the edge of the forest knowing well you were close to your destination. You were only wondering what kind of injury you could endure now since last time was a very close call.

The only reason you could calm yourself after this thought was due to the fact that you mastered control over the total concentration breathing making you endure much more and get considerably stronger.

You were now walking on a road that was surrounded by sakura trees which gave you much calm, mostly because it was almost blooming season for the trees. You only promised coming back once you could find a time to relax.

But for now you kept on your way which divided into two, when you noticed you were by the pond that Uzui had mentioned, and since it was still daytime you decided to go to the left to do a small investigation of the ghost village where people dissapeared into.

It took at least another hour to get there since it divided the road due to the pond separating them apart. Even though it was called a pond it looked way more like a lake.

Once you made it into the lonely village you got an eerie feeling right away but you though you had nothing to worry about at least for now. So you decided to check inside some of the houses there.

After seeing the first one you noticed that it had long been abandoned by who ever lived there. It was full of cobwebs, dirt, trash and pieces of ruble that came off the roof. Nothing out of the ordinary. You checked the next house, nothing strange, the wind just felt very dreadful and eerie. Something that you couldn't really explain.