52. Destruction

Enjoy Reading (:

Moving on to Revenge, finally ... Sounds good right (;

---------------------------

"Today I feel what you felt five years ago. We are now equal, Sanaa." Kabir walked out after saying those words.

He remembered the look on her face. It was that of pure disgust.

She wasn't ready to listen to any of his explanation. She didn't trust him.

How did he mess up so badly?

Kabir drove to his apartment and saw her reading something.

He didn't say a single word to her but Zara looked at his red eyes and understood something was really wrong.

She got up from her place, momentarily forgetting each and every word he said or the way he made her sign those papers.

She stood in front of him, not saying anything, not asking anything.

Her anger and heartache could wait.

His pain could not.

She won't talk to him but she can't be inhumane to not understand anyone's sufferings.

So she just held his hand and took him to the balcony so that he could breathe fresh air. Just like that day in hospital.

And Kabir didn't know what to say or how to react to her kindness.

Because if she reacted that way after knowing the truth then couldn't even imagine the way his Sunshine will react after she gets to know the game he played and the truth that he has kept hidden from her.

And now it was too late to say anything.

***

Two weeks Later:

Zara was now eight months pregnant and was going to the birthing classes with Kabir.

She was reading a book when she received Kabir's message:

'Sunshine, I would be gone for one day. It's really urgent. I have asked neighbour aunty for the favour. She will accompany you.'

This again.

He never told her anything and she didn't ask and now she was not interested.

Her baby was her priority.

She noticed that since that day when he came back looking extremely sad, Kabir didn't smile freely.

He talked to their baby. He sang and played guitar around her but something was missing. He looked in pain and she wanted to take it away.

But then stopped herself, not wanting to make a slip again.

She didn't want to ask him anything personal.

After all he himself said that they were together because of their baby and the day this baby was born will be the last day he will put up with this attitude of hers.

Words she might even forget because they were said in anger but he made her sign those papers.

And that was not something she could just forget. He should at least ask for an apology.

But then again she was happy that he wasn't asking for it. Because she was scared that her hormonal self might actually forgive him and she will start loving him as crazily as she did earlier.

She needed to stay strong and focus on their baby.

Her feelings didn't matter.

His apology or lack of one didn't matter.