53. Betrayal

Enjoy reading (:

Be prepared for the shocks as in multiple.

My apologies in advance.

________________

"Princess you?"

Mr. Malik asked feeling the betrayal when he saw his favourite daughter Sofia standing against him and Kabir smiled in satisfaction.

That was the kind of betrayal that his grandfather must have felt when his daughter left him because of somebody else's words.

Sofia entered the room with Samar and faced her dad after more than one year. She looked at her dad and closed her eyes remembering their moments, good and bad. She held her dad's accusing gaze as she started to speak.

"I'm sorry dad. But you are wrong. You have been wrong since the beginning and I chose to turn blind eye on it but not now. You tried to force me into marrying someone for your business even after I clearly told you that I love someone else.

You tried to hurt Samar. You tried to sabotage my efforts in standing on my own feet and blackmailed me just so I could agree to that marriage, for your business deal.

If not for Kabir I would have been in an unhappy relationship for forever and if not for his help then I would not have been able to stand up on my own.

He cares for me dad and his care is not shallow and limited to materialistic things. He checked that Samar is suitable for me or not and when he realised that I and Samar really love each other; he suggested to Samar to act on his feelings and save me from that marriage.

I can never repay him for what he did for me and how he helped me silently and I would have not known all of it if Samar didn't tell me the truth few days back.

But I will stand with Kabir today dad and I will support him. Also, this is my apology for the mistake I made years ago when I didn't tell Shenu about Kabir's departure. That's the reason I gave my childhood shares to him."

Sofia said and smiled at Kabir feeling grateful for what he had done for her and Kabir smiled at her for the first time.

Samar was standing there looking proudly at his wife and the progress that she has made. He had thought she was spoiled when Kabir helped him seeing the truth and now they were happily married.

"Tusk ... tusk Mr. Malik. I feel bad for giving you heart attack in old age but don't worry, I'm a doctor and I won't let you die. So prepare yourself for shock number two.

I'm decreasing the share prices of Malik Enterprises. The business empire that you built from scratch is now going to get into dust and you can't do anything but see it burning down to ashes."

Kabir said and remembered how Mr. Malik destroyed his mother's life to create this very same business empire.

This business was the reason that he targeted a rich, innocent girl, right? Now he will see it going down into dust but won't be able to do anything. He will feel helpless.

Just like his mother felt when he showed her his power and denied their marriage and then took away her daughter.

"You can't do that. My tie up with SGI, won't allow my company's market value to fall."

Mr. Malik said trying to come out strong but Kabir knew that he has broken his strongest defence just like he did five years ago when he fed Kabir with lies .

Kabir smiled and shook his head at Mr. Malik's thought process. He has to stop being so predictable.

"Here are the papers Mr. Malik. The CEO of SGI, Rehan Siddiqui and major shareholder of Malik Enterprises, which would be me; have come to a mutual decision of terminating that tie up contract as it is no longer valid."