Thirty || The Exception

|| The Exception

"The anesthesia should wear off. For her surgery we had to use a high dosage for her wounds," Doctor Dane said to Stiles, the sun peeking through the blinds. "You should go home, even if it's just for a short while."

Stiles hesitated, leaned over slightly in his chair, "I don't know."

"Even Jordan took a small break," Olivia said. "I'll call you if she wakes up."

"Okay." Stiles slowly got up, grabbing his phone off of the seat. "Just a little while," he agreed, glancing back to Jacy.

"Of course." Olivia stepped back, letting him leave the room.

"Doctor Dane, did Jordan-"

"He did," Olivia interrupted, lightly nodding. "Jordan mentioned it. So, my offer is for you to go get refreshed, then come back incase that's what happens."

"I'll make sure Scott is here. He would be able to handle it better than me." Stiles ran a hand over his pocket, only Jacy's keys on him. "Uh, I have her keys. I drove her car here from the library."

"I don't think she'll mind if you borrow it," she said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I'll see you in a little while, Doct-"

"You can call me Olivia, Stiles," she told him, walking down the hall until they reached the elevator.

Stiles nodded again, pressing the down button before Doctor Dane left him. Going in, the doors shut him in alone.

He didn't know how all of it changed so fast. Everything seemed to slip and all the sudden it was falling apart.

Maybe it was just bad luck.

Or maybe it was the town.

||

After a fourty minute break, Stiles was on edge and found himself back at the hospital. All he'd done was switch out of Jacy's Honda for his Jeep, changed clothes and tried to eat something.

He was too worried about her to do much else.

Scott met Stiles at the entrance of the hospital, there after getting a call about needing to be with him incase something happened.

"Anything at Derek's?" Stiles asked, the pair walking towards the elevator.

"Not much. Let's just worry about Jacy for now." Scott was off in thought, his mind currently elsewhere.

"Has your dad said anything about Jacy to you? Seeing as he hates her so much." Stiles started to cool with McCall, but tension seemed to constantly be changing. "I'd imagine he'd be all over it."

"I don't think he hates her. I think it was something else, unless a seventeen year old can do so much bad to an FBI agent," Scott halfly said. "But I haven't heard him say anything since she was admitted yesterday."

"Are you ever going to tell him?" When the doors shut, Stiles said it. "Are you going to mention you're a werewolf or explain all the strange things he's seen since he got here?"

"That's not my top priority, but maybe some day." Scott hadn't thought his dad would be around for this long. He expected him to leave, just as he had before.

When the doors opened back up on another floor, Scott and Stiles started to head back to the special care hall that held Jacy captive.

Stiles heard a buzzing in his ear but it died out quickly. He hardly noticed and Scott certainly hadn't.