32. FIRST TASK

| CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO |

FIRST TASK.

NATASHA HAD NEVER FELT SO nervous before in her entire life. She was definitely nervous on her first day of school, who wouldn't be? But this seemed even more nerve wrecking than the first of September. She used to be nervous about going back home too, but that quickly disappeared when she realised that neither of her parents would usually be there whilst she was. But this, this was a different type of nerves, ones that made her feel like she wanted to vomit. 

"You look like you're going to pass out," Grace nudged the blonde, she had a look of worry etched upon on her face.

"I'm fine," Natasha quickly dismissed her.

"She's right," Rosie nodded as she sent her a comforting smile, "He'll be alright you know."

"Who?" Natasha questioned, acting as if she didn't know what they were talking about. 

Grace and Rosie rolled their eyes, "Cedric," They chorused together, looking at their friend with knowing smiles on their faces.

Natasha's eyes widened, "W-What?! No! Don't be ridiculous!" She exclaimed, her voice slightly higher than usual, "I'm worried about-about Harry. Yeah," She nodded, her voice returning back to normal, "I'm worried about Harry."

Grace and Rosie looked at her with looks of disbelief on their faces. It was insanely clear that neither of them believed her one bit but they couldn't say anything as the sudden sound of a canon going off caught all three girls by surprise. Natasha felt her breath hitch in her throat as she looked over the edge of the stands. Down below she spotted a gorgeous yet terrifying looking dragon, it was almost all yellow and it seemed to be lying on a make-shift nest guarding something she couldn't properly see.

At the very opposite of the ring, she spotted Cedric as he exited the champion's tent. He stood there as stiff as a board, his wand gripped tightly in his hand. She noticed the pale look on his face and she just wished that she would wake up from this and everyone would be back in bed all safe and sound without a single dragon on the school grounds. Natasha watched him as he lifted his head to look up at the stands, his eyes meeting hers.

She didn't care that both Grace and Rosie noticed the look, she also didn't care when both girls turned simultaneously to look at her. Instead, the blonde kept her eyes locked on Cedric's. Her heart hammered so violently against her chest, she was sure that even Cedric would've been able to hear over the loud cheering coming from the rest of the crowd.

Natasha sent him a quick thumbs up before he finally looked away. She could see him taking in a deep breath as he slowly walked just out of view from the dragon. He knelt down behind a large boulder before he peeked his head over. Natasha gasped in shock when all of the sudden the dragon breathed smoke right at the Hufflepuff boy. Fear sat in the pit of her stomach as she kept her eyes locked on Cedric, never even daring to look away from him. He didn't seem to be badly hurt and managed to quickly shake the shock off before he pointed his wand at a different boulder, one that was slightly closer to the dragon.

"He's going to be okay," Natasha muttered to herself, watching as the boulder transformed into a golden retriever. This caught the dragon's attention almost instantly and without hesitation the creature stood up onto all it's legs and began to watch as the dog barked at it. Nat was so sure that the dragon would just set the dog on fire and all that would be over quicker than expected but that's not what happened. Instead, the dog began to run off, still barking. The dragon was quick to rush after it, now leaving its nest open and exposing a large golden egg which was situated right in the middle of it, shining brightly. 

Cedric rushed from behind the boulder and sprinted straight to the nest, checking over his shoulder every few seconds. As soon as his hand clasped itself around the egg, the keepers of the dragons emerged from the champion's tent as the crowds erupted in loud cheers, completely ecstatic that Cedric was through to the next round.

Natasha let out a shaky breath she didn't even realise she was holding in. Relived washed over her as she began to clap along with the rest of her fellow students. Cedric grinned proudly as he lifted the golden egg up in the air, his eyes once again locking on a pair of ocean blue ones. The fact that he knew she was sitting there, cheering on for him made him even prouder. It made him feel invincible. He could do everything he put his mind to if Natasha Fields was there backing him.