Epilogue

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

CALEB VELLA

When I first met Evan, I had no idea that I would feel the way I do about him. I had no idea it was possible to feel dizzy when I heard his laugh or the way my heart physically flutters when I see him smile. The butterflies in my stomach when I hear his voice or the way my body raises in goosebumps when he touches me.

I had no idea I could fall so hard in love with someone, I had no idea I was capable of such thing.

But today, right now, I knew exactly why I fell in love with him. Knowing that I didn't need our bond to know how I felt, that I fell in love with him for him and not because of the bond.

Evan is the strongest person I know, stronger than I will ever be.

The last year has been utter bliss. His recovery proceeded to go well, completely finishing his medication and no longer going to therapy. It was like he was himself again for the first time in a long time. It was a beautiful transition to see and I couldn't wait to see him flourish even more.

Evan invited me to go out with Ava and Kayleigh, a play date trip to the park.

Kayden and Kayleigh welcomed baby Cody into the world. Her pregnancy was not the best by any means, multiple miscarriage scares and emergency trips to the hospital.

Some days we sat up all night for them to get home, no one being able to rest until we knew that they were okay. We knew how much this baby meant to them and how hard they tried to get Kayleigh pregnant.

But four months ago Kayleigh gave birth to the most perfect little human, I'm not one for baby fever but seeing them together made me dream of Evan and I's future.

Aurora was off playing on the swings, baby Cody sat in a pram next to Kayleigh as she gently pushes him back and forth.

Evan wanted to be involved in the children's lives more than ever, he wanted them to look up to him like he was a real uncle and it melted my heart.

Ava is telling us a story about one of Aurora's friends from school. Evan nods his head towards her as he listens carefully, the sound of tiny footsteps charge at us.

A little girl with the curliest blonde hair I've ever seen, she waddles towards us before bending down in front of Evan and picking up a set of keys.

"You dropped this," she mumbles before clutching onto the keys and eventually handing it to Evan.

"Oh," Evan says as he leans forward. "Thank you, I didn't even see that I dropped them."

The little girl grins before dropping them into Evan's hand. "You're welcome," she says before flashing a big grin with gapped teeth.

"Where is your mom?" Evan asks sounding concerned as he leans closer to him.

"Ummm," she hums as she twists from side to side.

"Phoenix!" A woman shouts loudly. "Phoenix!"

The girls eyes widen as she turns to the lady who is running towards us. "Oh my God, Phoenix you gave me a fright. Do not run off like that ever again!"