Chapter 17: The Cellar

Mia Jones POV:

I look up in horror at the terrifying expression plastered across Matteo's face. It sends chills down my spine, and every inch of me wants to disappear. This is it, I've done it. He's going to kill me.

The scariest thing is, his expression isn't too distant from neutral. It doesn't even seem like he feels pain, and i have to glance back at his injured hand just to remind myself i did just do what i did.

I just stabbed someone with a fork. What was I thinking?

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, please don't hurt me." I plead as I stare into his dark, unforgiving eyes. I feel tears begin to roll down my cheeks, and the burning sensation within my eyes. My body shakes uncontrollably, and in one swift movement Matteo grabs my hair within his fist and yanks me to my feet.

I cry out in pain at his movement, and try to resist, but his pull is harsh and I have no choice in letting him drag me to wherever we are going. I still try to fight back against him, but it's useless as he just grabs my hair tighter sending pain down my scalp and across my head.

I don't know where he's taking me, as instead of taking a right hand turn down to his bedroom, he diverts left with his men following behind, but making sure to keep at a distance.

"Please, I didn't mean to--" I sob uncontrollably.

Matteo halts our pursuit to wherever and loosens his grip on my hair. His face appears directly in front of me, and no longer does he have that devious smirk, but rather nothingness. He's like a blank slate, devoid of any emotion.

"You didn't mean to stab me through the hand with your fork?" He asks, his voice neutral without any tone to it. He's a psycho.

I let out a whimper. Of course I meant to stab him with the fork. What i meant to say was, i wish i stabbed you in the eye ball instead.

Nothing happens for a painful few seconds, and I can tell he's enjoying watching me cry and struggle.

Quickly he pulls on my hair and we're on our way again. However, not for long as we quickly reach a door. Matteo opens it, revealing a set of stairs going down into a dark space.

No, I can't go down there. I hate the dark, I've always had a terrible fear of being trapped and alone in a dark space. If i go down there, i don't know if i'll ever come back up...

I begin to put up more of a fight as Matteo attempts to pull me down the stairs. "No!" I scream, kicking and flailing my legs in every direction possible, trying to get him to let go of me.

"Grab her legs." Matteo commands one of his men who stands behind us. In one swoop, the muscular guard has gathered my legs into his arms, holding them so tight that I can barely even wiggle my toes.

No that I have no legs to fight with, I try to punch Matteo, but yet again it is to no avail and he easily retrains my arms in his tight grip. I can feel his warm blood coating my forearm and I gag as he smears it across my skin as they take me down the stairs.

"Let me fucking go!" I scream at the top of my lungs trying to wriggle as much as I can.

"You need to learn your lesson Mia. You need to understand that your actions have consequences." Matteo says calmly.

I continue to let out wailing sobs even when we reach the bottom of the stairs, and someone flicks the light on.

I try to get a glimpse of my surroundings, but it's hard to see anything when I'm being held by my limbs through hazy, teary eyes.

The room is like a cellar or a basement of some sort. It's fairly large and I notice that it has two halls coming towards the left and right. I'm taken down to the right and we enter the thin corridor, my skin grazing against the exposed brick.

"Please, let me go! I'll never do anything like that again!" I yell.

We pass what appear to be cells, like jail cells, with metal bars... And that's not all. They are occupied. People sit within each cell, cramped up in a corner. It's then that a terrible smell fills my nose. Body odour and other things i dare not think about.

Why does Matteo have people locked up in his cellar? What exactly does he do? Is e a sex trafficker?

I feel myself hyperventilate at the mere thought of being sold off to some person.

I was so engrossed in my own thoughts that I didn't even realise we had reached the very end of the hall, to an empty cell.

Matteo opens the door and carries me inside, dropping me onto cold concrete. A loud sob escapes my mouth as the shock runs through my body. A fleeting pain to everything else I'm feeling right now.

Matteo motions for the guard to leave, and he complies, heading towards the cell door, waiting just around the corner out of sight.

Crouching down to reach my gaze, he grasps my chin in his hand, holding it firm in place, forcing me to look at him. I whimper and once again feel his warm blood leaking from where I had stabbed him.

His eyes burn holes into me. I shit my eyes tight, not wanting to have to look at this monster. "Open your eyes, Mia." He orders.

I don't.

I feel like a child who's being scolded. But rather, I've been kidnapped by a psycho who I just stabbed.

"Open. Your. Eyes." He says accentuating every word, and gripping my chin even tighter.

I finally do as he says. He shows no reaction to my compliance.

"You will stay here until I deem that you have learnt your lesson. You will only receive food once every two days." His voice has returned to the caring tone he possessed not too long ago. "This is for your own good, after this, you will not make the same mistake again."

I nod, just agreeing with everything, hoping that he truly won't leave me down here.

And with that, he stands and leaves the cell, locking the door behind him and not looking back.

I feel lost for words, until I stumble to the door and begin screaming like a maniac. "Please don't leave me down here! Please!"

But it's no use as I only hear the footsteps become fainter and fainter until I can no longer hear them at all.

And then the lights go out.

I scramble away from the door, and blindly walk towards a corner, the only place where I will be able to feel the slightest bit safe.

Once I know I'm in the corner of the cell, I slide down the walls and crumble into a mess, letting out loud cries which echo around the cellar.

Why is this happening? Why me? What have I done to deserve this?

I'm going to die down here, all alone, and no one will ever find my body or know what happened to me.

It's so cold down here, and I'm still only wearing Alice's skimpy pyjamas. I feel the darkness all over me, and it's terrifying. This is my worst nightmare.

I bury my head into my lap and cry.

"Are you alright?" I hear a faint voice whisper and I instantly look up, forgetting that I can see absolutely nothing.

"H-hello?" I call out.

"Hey." Someone calls back. I feel my heart in my throat.

"W-what's he going to d-do to me?" I ask hesitantly through my sobs.

Besides our voices, the cellar is silent.

"I don't know." He whispers back.

"What did he do to you?"

Once again there is a deafening silence that lasts for so long, I fear that I may have asked a terrible question that I might just not want to know the answer to.

"He chopped off three of my fingers."

I let out a wail which rips at my throat.

-------------------------------------------------------I FINALLY FINISHED MY EXAMS, AFTER THREE PAINFUL WEEKS!!! It feels like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.
Hope this chapter was enjoyable! Thank you so much for reading, and like i cant believe we are so close to 1K, like what?!? THANK YOU
-FoggyCloudyWords