44 - The favour from Snape

Fred and you hadn't walked for very long when he stopped you by the side of Zonko's. Fred told you to stand still and close your eyes and wait. "Fred ... are you going to hex me -" 

"Just close your eyes and stay there!" Fred called as his voice grew distant. You complied and closed your eyes and just waited for the boy to return. You didn't need to wait long but instead of hearing Fred's voice growing closer to you, you were hit was a snowball. Your eyes shot open to see Fred bewitching snowballs to hit you. 

"Fred you prat!" You yelled as the snowballs continued to hit you. Holding up your arms you attempted to shield yourself from the snow but that didn't work instead, you were walking backwards until your back hit a wall. The moment your back collided with the wall the snowballs were no longer being thrown towards you. 

Lowering your arms you slowly opened your eyes you expected to be greeted with a laughing Fred but instead of seeing the red-head clutching his sides with laughter, you were greeted with a rather different view. Fred was stood in front of you with his arms outstretched in front of him so he could place his hands on the wall behind you. The boy looked down at you with a smug grin. 

"Is that what you wanted?" You asked. "To throw snowballs in my face for a good few minutes." 

"Oh no, that was just a bit of fun."

"You and I have two very different definitions of what 'fun' is." You muttered, wiping some of the last stray snowflakes off your face.

"What's your favourite flower?" Fred quickly asked, changing the subject rapidly. 

"What?" You looked up to meet his gaze. "Who are you Neville Longbottom?" 

"Mines mistletoe." The grin on his face grew wider. 

"I think mistletoe is a plant, isn't it?" Clearly oblivious to what he was suggesting. 

"No I think it's a flower -" 

"No Fred I think it's a plant -" 

"Does it matter?" He cut you off. 

"Well, yes, because you're spreading false information -" 

"Look up." Fred tilted his head up and you followed suit to see mistletoe starting to grow above the two of you. 

"Oh ..." A small smile formed on your face at the sudden realisation at what was happening. "Is this you wanted then? When you won the bet?" 

"Would it be such a bad thing if I said yes?" Fred started to lean down close enough so that your noses were now touching. 

"Not at all Freddie." Fred's eyes fell to your lips and then back up your eyes as he moved his left hand down to cup the side of your face. He placed his thumb under your chin and moved your head ever so slightly so he could rest his forehead onto yours. "Can I kiss you?" He asked.  

Without saying a word you leaned your head up and connected your lips with his. Fred quickly moved his right hand off the wall and tangled it in your hair, pulling on it slightly so your mouth would open slightly meaning he could deepen the kiss. Your lips fit his like a lock and key which only made you want him even more. Fred's right hand now moved down to your waist meaning he was able to pull you even closer to him as you wrapped your arms around his neck. 

You didn't want the kiss to end and little did you know ... nor did Fred. But eventually the two of you pulled away. You didn't dare open your eyes, too afraid to open them incase Fred was gone and if it was just your imagination. Fred placed his forehead on yours once again and traced his left thumb over your lips.