Chapter 36

'Discharged'

Y/n's pov

"Home at last." I said and flopped on my bed, in my apartment. The rest were outside on the couch and Mina helped me settle in.

My hand was still a nuisance since It's wrapped in white bandage cloth and an arm-sling that I had to wear for weeks, probably months, says the doctors.

"I forgot what you looked like in normal clothes." Mina said dropping my bag on the floor and joining me on the bed, instead that is that she's sitting down.

"Hopefully I look great?" I said not sure what to say at the compliment. Ever since the day I had to read the article, I find Mina staring at me for quite some time.

It made her chuckle. "You've been shot and suddenly your confidence goes up." She ruffled my hair up making me click my tongue, pretending to be annoyed.

"I just took a decent shower stooop." I whined and sat up fixing my soaked hair.

"I forgot what it felt like being around you." Mina said all so suddenly making me wonder as well.

It's been 3 months since we last hang out and I felt nervous that I've been a terrible friend to her. Then, and idea popped in my head that got me acting impulsively.

"We can go to lunch tomorrow. I feel like eating out." I offered and she looked at me thinking.

Is this even a good idea? I have been acting like she is my friend these past few days, not someone I love. Is this a good sign that I'm falling out of love for her like she wanted?

Is this even what I want? What if it's a mistake to fall out of love with someone?

"I'm down. It will give us time to talk." She said smiling decently. There were something inside her eyes when she looker at me.

I couldn't point it out exactly and what it means but it's different than what she usually feels. It's no love like my love, that's a fact. But I'm starting to wonder where our connection will lead in the future.

"Guys, Let's go!" Jennie shouted and I almost forgot that we are going out to eat and wander around the mall.

Even though both Jennie and Lisa are having differences at the moment, I asked them to push it aside and we all go out. Chaeyoung also brough along Sooyoung who only visited whenever she had free time.

Sooyoung had to go to a different hospital since her mother was ill. She thinks it's something serious but the doctors told her that it was just a cold.

I didn't mind at all that she didn't visit me. I'm just glad that her mother is fine. Atleast one of us didn't have to be in school to feel terrified of what's to come.

Mina and I stood up to go join the others. Taehyung volunteered to drive and I had to bite his head off to make sure he don't get us killed... or rather not damage my car.

We were using my old one that was dusting away in the parking lot. As much as I wanted the thrill of driving again, I know I couldn't in my state. Besides, Chaeyoung will kill me before I get my hand on a steering wheel ever again.