ix. sneaky feelings

➪ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕥𝕖𝕝𝕝 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕚𝕥 𝕓𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕛𝕠𝕖𝕝

LEAVING THE 7-11, Marty walked alongside Jennifer each paired with a slurpee in hand. The nerves he had over the act he'd been saving up to do now built up inside of him whether she could acknowledge it or not. Sipping along the cherry slush she was unbothered as opposed to him growing anxious thinking in regards to her feelings. "Alright, spill it already." He looked over to her surprised as Jennifer kicked up some rocks that had been strewn before them. "Really Marty it's been a month, I can take a hint."

Unaware of what she meant by this, he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Well we just haven't been on the same page about things? Y'know we could've worked out of it."

She smiled over him trying to play this off as being nothing and shook her head. "Face it, you weren't as into it from the beginning." The words coming out of her mouth only made him suddenly face the truth behind the statement. Sure Jennifer was a nice girl and by far more of the popular crowd than anyone he'd dated before, but from the minute they hung out it had felt like a set up. In every way correlating to the fact he was trying to work up the nerve to ask someone else out instead. But he thought she did this on purpose to steer him away.

"I do like you, Jen," He admitted innocently.

Shrugging her shoulders she nudged him with a grin in regards to him taking this worse than she was. "Feeling is mutual. Just have other people in mind." Jennifer then pressed a hand to his chest to stop him from walking and tilted her head in interest. "Speaking of which, heard Chad from the basketball team took Amanda out too tonight night?"

Jennifer turned in interest to Marty already flaring over this, showing just by his reaction that their mutual break-up wasn't entirely based on being incompatible. The assumption was made early on into their relationship over the summer, not helping her case by being so close with Amanda to tell that she was hurt by the two of them together. He wasn't the only one realizing them dating was a mistake, she'd been thinking about it too. "I think he's a sleeze, I don't understand why she dates guys like that," He told her.

"Marty he's got straight A's and is captain of the team?"

"So?" He huffed under his breath to play with the straw sticking out of the cup. Considering she didn't think the hang out as much of a date when Amanda told him about it that day, Marty only thought of it as such. It was completely out of jealousy and he'd accepted it by now that it was such. To admit it anyone else was a completely different subject. "Sorry we couldn't get to finishing those plans to go to the lake."

Jennifer brushed this off with a small grin. "Oh, it's fine. The group can do it another time." He nodded, the girl beside him now taking the initiative to run an idea past him. "Could always just go with the boys? I mean, you got most of the stuff for the trip didn't you?"

The idea of hanging out with the guys there didn't exactly strike him when she suggested this, another individual coming to mind instead for him to suddenly smile at the thought. "Yeah. Yeah that sounds like a good idea."

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

THE GARAGE was cluttered as it always was these days as Amanda pushed herself through the boxes that were left aside. She set her backpack done to look around the place confused. "Doc?" Continuing to walk through the space she'd become familiar with, Einstein ran circles around the girl out of his own greeting. She smiled and bent down to let him behind his ears to bring a slight smile onto the dog's face. Suddenly coming up behind a side of the room, Doc looked to her to have Amanda jump out of surprise.