Chapter 7

You opened your eyes and the first thing you saw was his face. He's standing next to your bed, staring at you.

Why am I on my bed right now? I don't remember sleeping here last night.

You sat up and touched your head.

"Are you alright? You fainted"he asked.

"Really? I'm fine"you replied and yawned.

You suddenly remembered what you saw last night. You looked over at his whole body and saw his feet.

It must be a dream, right?

You took a deep breath. It's impossible, such creatures aren't real. It's just a dream.

"I had a weird dream. You were on my bathtub and you don't have legs. Y-you had a tail!"you told him. He sat beside you upon hearing your words.

"It's not a dream, Y/N. What you saw was real"he stated. You gulped nervously and scooted away from him slightly. His expression changed when you moved away from him.

"H-how? I'm confused"

You looked at the clock and it's almost time to open the restaurant. You don't want to be late again.

"I'm sorry. I-I should go to work"you excused before standing up, leaving him on your bed right before he was about to say something.

~timeskip~

You're still lost in your thoughts, you were still trying to process everything that happened.

He's probably upset that you just suddenly left him there. Well, everything was too much for you to take in. You started to bite your nails due to anxiety.

"Your turn to take out the garbage"Hoseok snapped his fingers in front of you, making you go back to reality.

"You look like you're thinking about something deep. Is something bothering you? You were like that since you arrived here this morning"he asked.

"What? N-no I'm fine"you faked a smile.

"If you say so"he shrugged his shoulders before he left. You sighed and held your chest. You realized you weren't wearing the necklace. You were in a rush earlier that you forgot about it.

You don't even know what you feel right now. You don't understand it. Are you terrified? Mad? You don't know but you are sure that you're confused.

After taking out the garbage, you headed home.

What am I gonna say to him? How am I gonna face him? I still can't believe it. I don't know what to do.

You opened the door and it was dark again. You turned the lights and noticed the clothes on the couch. That's his.

You walked closer towards the couch and then you saw him walking down the stairs with his coat.

"What are you doing?"you asked.

"I'm gonna leave. I knew you'll be scared, I shouldn't have come here. I'm sorry. Thank you for letting me stay"

You felt bad and guilty for him. You assumed you probably hurted his feelings because of how you acted earlier.

"N-no. It's okay"you stuttered. His gaze traveled down your neck. You gulped nervously.

"You're not wearing the necklace"he murmured and looked down before heading towards your door.

"No! Please stay. I'm sorry I was just too shocked earlier and I was in a rush. I was still puzzled and I didn't know what to do b-but please. Please stay"you explained, fidgeting your fingers. He looked at you and his eyes were filled with sadness.

"I don't want to be a burden"

"You never were...so please stay"

"I promise I'll never tell anyone about what I saw!"you added.

He nodded and smiled, making you feel relieved. You don't want him to go anywhere. What if other people finds out what he is and they'll try to hurt him? People are becoming cruel these days.

You have a lot of questions in your mind left unanswered. You wanted to ask him but you're worried that it would make him feel uncomfortable so you stayed quiet.

"You probably have a lot of questions so just ask me anything"he chuckled.

"Uhm so first of all, what are you called? A m-mermaid?"

"Merman"he corrected.
Your mouth turned into an 'O' shape. So that's what it's called for men.

"How did you have legs?"

"Through this"he said and showed his bracelet made of pearls. That explains why he always wear that.

"My mother gave this to me and this was made by a sea witch. My tail shows up when I take this off"he explained.

"That's interesting..how about your house in there?"you asked.

"There's a lot of kingdoms under the ocean. I belong and live in  Bighit Kingdom"

Your jaw dropped.

"There's kings and queens?"

He nodded.

This is amazing! You can't believe there's so much mystery in there. Him being a merman explains why he gets those rare seashells that are so beautiful.

"Can you uhm talk to sea animals?" you asked.

He nodded, making you gasp. You slapped yourself to see if you were dreaming but no. You were awake. You looked at him and he was laughing at what you just did. His laugh sounds unique. It sounded like someone was cleaning the windows.

"You mentioned you got kicked out because you were stubborn. What did you do?"you asked out of curiosity.

"My parents want me to marry someone from another kingdom but I'm not interested so I keep swimming away and you know I keep coming onto the seashore"he said as he scratched his head.

"Even arranged marriages are a thing there.."you stated quietly. You thought you knew everything about the ocean but you were wrong.  Humans only discovered 5% of the ocean so it makes sense that a lot of mysteries would be down there.

"Have you ever been on land before?" you asked.

"This is my first time so I'm still a bit lost"he replied.
That explains why he's so awkward with almost everything.

"I should show you many beautiful places then"you smiled at him.

"I'd love that"

A/N:
Hi everyone~ I would like to thank you guys since this book achieved 100+ votes, I'm so grateful❤️I hope you continue to do so and stay tune for more chapters. Don't forget to vote!!
Stay safe❤️❤️