Chapter 15: Evacuate

Meanwhile, Po finally let go of Walten and wiped her eyes with her arm. "T-Thank y-you...Sorry that I cry s-so much."

"Po, you don't need to apologize for that. Everyone cries. And you've been through so much. I'm surprised that you haven't been crying earlier."

"Y-Yeah...I want all this to be over." Po said as she scooted closer to him.

Walten nodded, taking off his hat and setting it aside. "Me too. And I'm sure it will be. I promised you that this would all be over one day."

"And you've kept me safe." She laughed slightly.

"That I have. Guess I'm doing one part of my job right." The Guardian said with a weak chuckle. "If you really do need anything or anyone to talk too about this, just know that I'm always here. Besides, who better to talk too about events you've been in than the one who lived it all with you?"

Po smiled and hugged him again. "Thanks."

Walten's cheeks went pink, but he hugged back, patting her back before hearing the door open and breaking the hug to see Ron.

"You two ok?" Ron asked as he walked over.

Po nodded. "We're ok. How are your owies- I mean, injuries?"

"They're fine. I still need to rest a little more though after I get the machine fixed. Thankfully, I'm close to doing just that." Ron said.

Walten smiled. "That's good."

"Yeah. Oh, and I never got to say thanks for what you did back in the Satellite Station. When Dipsy came in, I thought for sure I was dead meat." Ron then smiled. "I owe you two. Big time. If there's anything I can do that you want me to do, I'll do it."

Po smiled. "We're just happy you're ok."

"Plus, red, white, and blue make pretty good colors when you're in the military." Walten joked, and the group laughed.

Ron then sighed. "Welp, I better get back to work. You two wanna stay here?"

"I don't think I'm getting a nap anytime soon after that, so I think we should join you." Po said as she followed Ron out, Walten not too far behind.

Back at the communications center, Ron and Lenny instantly got to work. Fiona being the supervisor of the team. She was confident that they would fix it, but she was also worried about Miles and Anne. Anne was like a motherly figure and a mentor to her, while Miles was her figurative brother, who had practically raised her like Pyro had helped raise Wes. She hoped they were all ok.

Then, the machine beeped and revealed multiple messages.

"Alright!! We did it!!" Lenny exclaimed as he and Ron high fived.

Fiona smiled and then quickly played the most recent message. Then, Miles' voice came on!

"This is Sergeant Miles to base! All of us are injured and hurt, we need you to send a- AGH!!!" Then, the sound of someone being slammed against something was heard and then...laughter.

Po's eyes widened and her body froze up. That laughter...it was like that Shadow Tubby's.

"MILES IS IN TROUBLE!!!" Fiona cried out as she quickly ran towards the helicopters before Lenny stopped her.

"Whoa, whoa! We can't keep sending teams like this!!"

"MY BROTHER IS HURT RIGHT NOW!! YOU EXPECT ME TO JUST SIT BACK AND RELAX?!" Fiona screamed.

"Break it up!" Walten said, getting in between the two. "We'll go look for Miles, and it should be easier to actually tell what's going on with this machine working! And on the way, we'll get Richard, Dutch, and check on the samurai's team."