Day 33-40: Ûl

During the day Ûl hunted wolves snakes squirels and deers. During the night the deers and squirel hid.
In their place the bats and howl came out.

Bat flew out of their caves in groups at sun down and sun rize then dispersed at night. Their flight were eratic which made them difficult targets for archers.
As for the owl, they were solitary beings that were only niticable due to their large shiny eyes.
As long as you took them by surprise it was fairly easy to shoot them down. Knowing this Ûl stealthly hid herself and sniper shot her preys one by one.
By sun rise her sachel was full of game.

She left the forrest and went back to the village where she soldher loot to the tanerns and butchers.
On her way there she realised that something about the city had changed.

At the begenning of the game Last City was a small village of a two hundred houses and around thirty workshop. Its landmarks were the lords manor, the academy, the military compound and the orphanage.
Also, because all the survivors from the Black Plague were gathered here it was overpopulated, certain streets had the linguering smell of filth and sickness.

But now, after more than a month of playing, users had little by little improved the villages standing.
The extensive grinding had produced meat and pelt wich in turn fed and clothed the people.
Players would also spend most of their money on weoponry and apparels or food which gave back the riches they got from the tanners and tailors.
In other words players insured an influx in the circulating money of the village.
They also fullfilled the villagers trivial quests such as cleaning, nursing, babysitting and so on for meager wages. Because of that the streets were cleaner which brought better health and a swifter workforce.

All of this had slowly gad a snowball effect on Last City's people lifestyle, to the point that some were even able to buy or built houses for themselves.
The village was now expending. entire rows of houses were being plannes, some even two stories high.

"If this goes on Last City won't be a village anymore but a real city..."

Not that it was a bad thing. With all the homeless and the young that were about to graduate from being aprentices many more homes and shops would be needed. And that was without counting the users.

After eating some rye bread and cheese Ul left the village again and returned into the forest. this time she paid no attention to the little preys and scrutted the soil for tracks.
After an hour of searching she finally found boars foot prints and tracked the little group all the way to their current location.

It took her deeper in the forest than she ever did.

Hidden behind a bush, her face and arms covered in mudd to hide her presence she approched the boar familly. There was a mle with his large defensive teeth, a female and a dozen smaller boars.

Ûl notched an arriw to the bow string and pulled to her ear. She took a breath in and out and when she breathed out again she released her grip.
With a clear sound the string vibrated and the arrow pierced the air. It lodged itself straight in between the eyes of the large male boar which, after a second, fell down dead. The rest of the pack fled, leaving their dead behind.

Ûl came out of her hiding spot and carefully walked up to the boar. She gave it a shove to check if it was still alive. Seing that it wasn't she bent down and pulled her arrow out. after wipping the tip with some dirt she put it back in her quiver along with her bow and picked up the boar.

She carried her game on her shoulders all the way back, making detours when she spotted packs of wolfs . At the butcher she had it skined of its hide and defences. She then brought the hide to the tanner to turn it into leather and the defences to a carver where she paid a heafty one silver to have the them turned into a sharp knife and its scabard.
Now she had a proper tool to scalp her game.

For the next days she repeted this pattern, hunting bats owls and lone wolfs by night and tracking dears, boars and wolves by day.
Little by little she gathered hides, antlers, defences, claws, teeth, feathers and bat wings.

Every time she would gather to much for her to carry she would go to the tanner or carver.She had completely done her wardrobe over.
She now wore a light green woolen tunic with a brown wolf fur jacket, boar leather pants and deer leather and wolf fur boots.
On her hips was a leather belt with several pouches of different sizes. the largest one contained her carving knife while the others were eitheir filled with arrow heads or olw feathers.
You could also see a delicately carved white hilt come out from the inside of her right boot. it was her ivory knife she used to finish and scalp her game with.
Her bow and arrows were in her leather quiver that was strapped on her back.

She sold her old clothes and extra material and brought bread, cheese and apples. They were longer preserved aliments that were available in Last city at this point of the game and her monetary posibilities.
It was the easier and most efficient choice of food for her since she spent so much time in the forest.