chapter 33

KHALID

I was at the pool discussing with Abimbola who had been all over me since we arrived at the Presidential library before I felt something cold on my cheeks. Looking up, I met with Kikiope's smiling face dressed in a crocheted mini gown that she'd worn alongside the other girls earlier in the day which made them look coy, I learnt Moye had knitted it for them, she was looking down at me with a brilliant smile, turns out she just pecked me.

"Hey, I've been looking for you since," she started before sitting by my side.

Abimbola replied with furrowed brows,"Why were you..."

Kikiope cut in, "I wasn't talking to you and I know you're not his mouth piece," she wrinkled her brows in displeasure at her before turning to me for my answer.

"I was here, you could have called me," I replied, and she nodded with a charming smile. For the past two days, she'd been behaving differently to me, though I was enjoying the attention and sweetness but it was still amazing me. Why the sudden change?

She opened her mouth to reply but the appearance of Abee and Doyin who was also wearing the same mini gown as Kikiope impeded her.

"So, you guys are here?" Doyin asked with her brows raised in suspicion.

"Yeah, I just got here not quite long,"Kikiope replied.

She pursed her lips, "Hmm, the way the two of you have been clinging unto each other lately because we can't see Khalid without you, hmm..." She wriggled her brows and Kikiope smiled.

"What do you mean?" Abimbola shouted and we all turned to her.

"Oh, I didn't know the parasite was here," Doyin jived.

"How would you know when you're obviously blind," Abimbola answered back sharply.

Doyin giggled before responding, "I wonder how you got promoted to SS2 and how you even made it to Pink?"

"Her name was the last on the list," Kikiope snickered.

Doyin nodded, "No wonder, that's why you don't know the meaning of obviously let alone the correct use of it."

Abimbola got up quickly as she fumed with anger, "Are you talking to me?"

Doyin shrugged, "Apparently, who doesn't know the meaning of obviously here except you?" She opened her palms widely in mockery.

Abimbola flared, "You're crazy, your..."

Bimpe who just arrived at the scene alongside Kunmi cut in, "Who is the dog here oo?"

Abimbola turned to her but she didn't reply.

"Guys, let's go to the cinema hall, it's our last day here, and we haven't gone there," Bimpe suggested as she ignored Abimbola's fierce look.

"That's true, Sugar Boy won't be here until evening," Kikiope said before pulling me up.

Immediately we got up, Kikiope placed her arms around my shoulder, I turned to look at her, and she smiled before Abimbola interrupted.

"Get your hands off him!" She shouted and I shook my head.

"You have no right to tell me that," she replied with a smug smile.

"I do because he's my boyfriend," she snapped and the girls all erupted into a shrill laughter.

After some seconds, Kikiope beamed, "Who is the boyfriend here? Definitely not Abee."

"When she's not mad," Doyin replied quickly before grabbing Abee's hand.

"And not Kunmi," Bimpe added while Kunmi quickly raised his hand in mock surrender.