43| Surprises

Chapter 43: Surprises (Alex's POV)

"You broke up with me, remember? I don't have a boyfriend anymore," I huffed. 

His face fell if it wasn't already sullen enough. He looked so upset and was sulking to the point where I thought I would see a tear slip in a second. He took a few deep breaths before standing up. "You do have a boyfriend. I'm still right here, Alex. I am still your boyfriend and I swear to God, I will get you back." 

"Is that a promise?" I asked sarcastically. 

"It sure is," he whispered while stepping dangerously close to me. I took steps back but eventually, I hit the wall and his feet weren't stopping. He stopped right in front of me and looked down at me, his hands on the wall, either side of my head, trapping me there. He placed a finger under my chin and tilted my head up, making my eyes meet his. "I love you," he mumbled. 

"I don't," I lied, looking away. 

He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "Liar." My eyes snapped up to his while I listened to what he had to say. "I'm sorry, I really am. But I made a mistake, everyone does. I can't keep apologizing." 

"I did. I kept apologizing to you when I didn't even do anything wrong," I said. 

"And I'm sorry I put you through that. But that's not the way I'm gonna go about this." 

I looked at him quizzically. "What are you gonna do?" 

"You should just get ready. There are a lot of surprises coming your way," he shrugged. 

"I hate surprises," I whispered. 

"You're gonna love these." He leaned down and kissed my cheek before seeing himself out, closing the door behind him. 

I huffed, hitting my head against the wall a few times. "I hate that I love you, Carter," I whispered to myself. 

The door opened and his head poked through. "I heard that," he smirked. 

"Get out!" I groaned, closing the door in his face. God, I just want this all to be over already. 

This is never gonna end, is it? 

I woke up on Monday, feeling like shit, as expected, and headed straight to school, taking my tea to go. He wasn't there. I even 'drank my tea' outside on the bench. But nope. He didn't come today. 

I huffed and plugged my earphones in and walked to school. Once I got there, I, as usual, headed straight to my locker. I got there, put it in my combination, and tugged, but it didn't open. So I tried again and tugged harder. It still didn't open. I took my earphones out and stared at it. I could put in a pencil and break the lock. Or I could try one more time. Let's do the latter just for the sake of the school. 

I put in the combination and yanked as hard as I could. It flung open and I took a step back as thousands of flowers fell out. I gasped while staring as they stumbled out. Petals, stems, flowers, everything. It was like somebody bought ten bouquets and took out each flower and put it in here. I stared at the floor in shock. 

Who the hell is gonna clean this? 

I let out a breath while staring at them, my mouth agape. "What the fuck?" I mumbled under my breath, kneeling, and picking a few up. 

I am going to kill him. 

I picked them all up and began throwing them back into my locker at the top where I would normally leave my bag. People who were walking by began noticing and pointing it out, some people were confused, some were worried, some were laughing.