thirteen

i followed jeno through a large gate which revealed one of the most beautiful houses i'd ever seen. i paused as my jaw dropped, taking it all in. it was a fairly modern house with grey wood panelling on one wall and white paint on the other. the white looked as good as new as if it had been painted an hour before and the big windows showed that the interior was just as beautiful. the garden was full of green with trees and neat hedges framing the house. i noticed a small treehouse in one of the trees and smiled, imagining a little jeno playing around in it.

'it's so pretty, right?' jaemin's voice brought me back to reality and i nodded enthusiastically, making the couple laugh. they guided me through the doors and i looked around in awe as we passed through a couple of rooms to get to the stairs. jeno lead the way to what i assumed was his room and of course it was just as pretty as the rest of the house. 

i looked around it, admiring the basketball medals hanging on one wall. 'here, you can wear these. they might be a little bit big on you, sorry.' i turned around and took the clothes from jeno, smiling gratefully. he pointed to his en suite and i headed inside, changing from my own damp clothes.

i sighed in relief once i slipped jeno's hoodie and sweatpants on, it felt like they swallowed me up in the most comfortable way. i picked my own clothes up and headed to the door.

'you have some of my old clothes that would've fit renjun perfectly, you gave him bigger clothes on purpose didn't you?' i stopped myself from opening the door as i heard my name, freezing in my spot.

i listened closer only to hear a light smack, which i assumed was from jaemin. 'you did! you're so sneaky, i love it.' my face heated up and i finally opened the door, clearing my throat to let them know i had returned. jaemin was cupping jeno's cheeks, staring at him with squinted eyes and a grin. their attention was suddenly on me and both of their eyes widened, taking in my appearance. i felt awkward and ran a hand through my hair, suddenly feeling self conscious around them.

'junie you look so cute!' jaemin squeaked and dropped his hands from jeno's face, rushing over to me only to pull me on to jeno's bed, engulfing me in a hug. 

'hey scoot over, i'm here too.' jeno pushed jaemin, causing him to roll off of me and i was now stuck between the pair. i could feel my cheeks redden even more and i mentally cursed myself.

'aww jeno look at him, he's so cute.' jaemin cooed and poked my cheeks. by this point i had had enough and i covered my face with the sleeves of jeno's hoodie, trying to make the redness go down.

i felt arms wrap around my waist and i was drawn closer to somebody's body. 'don't be shy jun, jaemin's right, you're adorable.' a pair of lips kissed my forehead and i uncovered my face with wide eyes as i looked at jeno. he only grinned at me before looking straight ahead of him.

'so, movie night?' he asked and jaemin nodded eagerly beside me. i giggled and copied him as i felt him also snake his arms around my waist. jeno smiled at us both before turning on his tv and signing into his netflix. i didn't focus on the movie at all and instead listened to the couple's steady breathing and how they'd giggle at the movie every few minutes.

i realized how lucky i was that, even if i could never be with them romantically, at least i have them as some of my bestest friends.

a/n: i don't know if this is going too slow or too fast