Chapter 4

A slightly longer chapter (2225 words)
Please bear with me :/

Nova

Jane hesitated.
I could see it in her eyes that she was internally battling whether to agree to me or not.

"Jane, please" I begged "I don't know but I feel that I can trust you. I give you my word that our conversation would be within the walls of this room"
She sighed and said "As you wish, your Highness"
"Who is Sebastian Miller?" I questioned.
I honestly don't know why I wanted to know about this guy. But I need information on the princess so this question might be a good start.

"He was the best warrior of the Kingdom, and your bodyguard. You both were in love with each other" she said and looked at my face for any change in emotions, but there was none.
"What happened next?"
"When the King and the Queen found out about this, they were outraged. The King announced your wedding with King Jacob of Narveria. The following night you packed and left the Kingdom with Sebastian"
"How long was I gone for?"
"For three months, your Highness"
"Does that mean now that I am back, will the wedding take place?" I asked nervously
"No, not at all your Highness. The King and the Queen were grief stricken after you left. Every day they sent guards to look for you. They swore to never force you into marrying anyone again" she reassured.
"Oh that's great. I mean..I'm happy to hear that"
"It not all happy news, my princess. King Jacob is dead" she said downheartedly.

She clutched her hands close to her chest and continued "King Nicholas has taken over Narveria. Last unconquered Kingdom in the entire land is Elysian. But now he's coming for us too. He...he will kill us all, he'll burn the entire land"
Her eyes filled with tears and fear. I hugged her and said "Shh, don't cry. I'm sure we'll figure it out"
She gave a small smile and said "Thank you, your Highness"
"Tell me more about this King Nicholas. What if the King arranges a political marriage with Arcane to save Elysian?" Her eyes widened when I asked that question.

I needed to know what would become of me, if the worst situation comes up.
"God forbid, the King would never do that, your Highness. King Nicholas is a monster without a heart. He would never trade you to The Devil, but rather surrender willingly and give up the Kingdom to save us all"

It seems like the King and the Queen really loved the princess. She's lucky to have such great parents who love her, but she's foolish to have left them. I would do anything to get my parents back from dead.

"It's late your Highness, you should get some sleep"
"Agreed, and Jane please don't curtsy. At least when no one's here to see. I consider you my friend and friends don't do that"
"Your Highness, I'm honoured but I-" I cut her off by saying
"No buts, please just don't do that. I'm not used to that"
"Very well your Highness, Goodnight then" she smiled and left.

I quickly changed into a nightgown which I found in the closet. I got under the covers and closed my eyes. With countless thoughts running in my head I didn't know when I drifted off into a deep slumber.

Four days had passed since the messenger of Arcane came. There was no other news regarding the arrival of the devil, King Nicholas. A lot other things had happened.

One morning I requested the King and the Queen to let me out of the castle for a while.
"Absolutely no. Bella dear, we can't lose you again" said the Queen
"Please, mother. I promise I won't run. I'll take the guards and Jane with me and I just want to explore the city. So please allow me" I begged
"Fine dear, but be back before sunset. And be careful out there" said the King
"Thank you father, and mother I'll be back in no time" I assured them.

Mission: Get out of the castle was successful. I was doing an internal victory dance. I told Jane to accompany me, to which she agreed. I met the guards outside who were appointed to go with me. They showed me my horse.