Chapter 33

Kim sat on top of the front counter, totally distracting Steve from doing his job properly

"Do you really think Robin will be able to figure out what the Russians are saying?" Steve asked once a customer had walked away.

"Well, we weren't having much luck, so might as well let her have a go at it," Kim shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess," Steve muttered. He looked up ready to serve the two girls who had just approached the counter when he realized it was Max and Eleven.

"Hey girls," Kim smiled at them. "What can the sailor man get for you?'

"Strawberry and vanilla?" Max said, turning to El to make sure that was okay.

"Extra sprinkle and whipped cream, sailor man," El demanded, making Kim crack up laughing.

The window behind Kim and Steve slid opened and Robin poked her head out. "We've got our first sentence."

"Oh, seriously?" Steve asked excitedly.

"The week is long," Robin said in a Russian accent.

"Well that's thrilling," Kim muttered, highly disappointed.

"I know," Robin sighed. "But, progress." Robin shut the window to try and understand more Russian while Steve and Kim turned back to the girls.

"Okay, here you go, you got a strawberry and then a vanilla with extra sprinkles and whipped cream."

"Thanks," Max responded before looking at Kim. "Hey, we're going shopping, want to come with us?"

"Yeah, I need new sunglasses anyways," Kim glarred jokingly at Steve. "Somebody broke mine."

"It was an accident," Steve said, raising his hands defensively.

She laughed and kissed his cheek before running after the two younger girls. "Where to first, ladies?" she asked, swinging her arms over their shoulders.

"What's The Gap?" El questioned, looking up at the large red sign.

"Wait, have you never been shopping before?" Max asked.

El shook her head, slightly embarrassed.

"Well then, huge shopping spree it is," Kim laughed, leading the girls into the store.

"Woah," El breathed, looking around at all the bright prints and vibrant colors.

Kim laughed again. "I know. Much better than Sloppy Hoppy's old shirts."

The three girls ran around the store, trying on anything they thought was cute even if they were there mostly for El. Kim looked to see if anyone was watching before she stashed a pair of expensive aviators in her short's pocket.

Max coughed obnoxiously, raising a disapproving eyebrow at the older girl.

"You're no fun," Kim pouted, grabbing a cheaper pair of sunglasses that she would be able to actually pay for.