177 The Jilted Second Young Master (50)

The reporters immediately swarmed Lin Shenglan, while Lin Shaofeng tried to do damage control to the whole situation. Lin Yitian didn't stay long at the company. As soon as he accomplished everything he came to do, he immediately left.

While he was on his way home, Lin Yitian stopped at a nearby convenience store to buy a cold drink. He pressed it against his cheek and stayed there for about fifteen minutes, trying to limit the swelling and hoping that a bruise wouldn't form. He didn't want Song Jia to know about his injury. After all, he aimed to be the most handsome husband in the future.

He didn't want to come home and let her see him looking ugly.

While he waited, he strolled along the aisles, picking up products and examining them. Very soon, his arms were full. Because Lin Yitian's appearance was very eye-catching, the part-timer behind the register had been watching him ever since he entered the store. But when Lin Yitian finally put down the products in his arms on the counter, she was a bit speechless.

A matching set of couple toothbrushes, couple face masks, couple ice cream, couple phone cables....basically everything that was a matched set in the store had been bought. Even the juice packs that were from the same brand with different colors for men and women had been bought by Lin Yitian.

"Ah, wait," Lin Yitian suddenly said, as if he had remembered something.

He turned around and bought another load of stuff, dumping it on the counter. They were all women's accessories. He thought that all of them would look good on Song Jia, so he decided to buy them as well. Lin Yitian only went out thrice in his life, and that one time he had been to a mall, it was when he was still young. He didn't know that shopping like this was actually fun.

Next time, he wanted to have a mall date with Jia. He would buy clothes for her, while she would buy clothes for him...

Lin Yitian suddenly felt a deep sense of crisis. That glass display case on his study was too small. In fact, it was almost full.

But if he built a museum, Jia would surely disagree...

The part-timer noticed that Lin Yitian looked a little lost. Inside her heart, she felt a little pity for this handsome man. She couldn't help but open her mouth and give him some love advice, "Sir, if you don't mind me saying this, I think it's better if you just apologize to your girlfriend and get it over with."

She gave Lin Yitian an earnest look. He must have done something unforgivable, for him to have to coax a woman like this.

Lin Yitian, "..."

When Lin Yitian finally arrived back at the mansion, Song Jia was still lying down on the bed. She had already turned off the TV, her worried heart calming down after she saw that Lin Yitian still looked alright after Lin Shaofeng had punched him. If she could walk, she would have gone there and fight valiantly on Lin Yitian's behalf.

That pair of father and son should really be taught a lesson from this esteemed grandma, ah~

"Jia, I'm back!"

Lin Yitian called out happily, putting the groceries on top of the bedside table. Like a big dog, he pressed himself down on her in a full-body hug, head to toe. He could smell the clean fragrance of her hair, and the subtle scent of flowers. Lin Yitian had often wondered what perfume she used for her body to smell so addictive.

Song Jia scrutinized his cheek. When she saw that it didn't seem to be swollen, she heaved a silent sigh of relief.

"You were gone for so long, where did you go?" Song Jia pretended to look at him suspiciously. "You even hung up on me earlier!"

Lin Yitian laughed and threw his leg over her, treating her like a pillow as he enjoyed her warmth. He even rolled them back and forth on the bed until their hair became messy with his playful movements. When Song Jia smacked him, Lin Yitian finally settled onto his back and rested his chin on her hair, for all the world like a lazy dog wanting its belly rubbed.

"Is Jia feeling jealous?" Lin Yitian asked her, his eyes bright. Did she think he secretly went out to meet a woman outside?

"Why would I feel jealous?" Song Jia poked his forehead in chastisement. "I just wanted to know where you went."

Lin Yitian scowled and pretended to bite her finger off. "Jia, you should guard your partner like a rich man guards against thieves. You're so relaxed, if I get taken away, I'm going to blame you."

The few times he pretended to leave his phone within her hand's reach, she didn't even try to check through his messages. When he commented that the actress on the dog-blood drama they were watching on TV was beautiful, she even agreed with him. Which kind of wife would be as relaxed as she, with generosity as deep as Buddha's?

Lin Yitian was very dissatisfied with Song Jia's shortcomings.

When he went online on Baidu and saw those comments complaining that their girlfriend was too paranoid and was restricting them too much, he took the time to report each and every one of them. After all, with Song Jia here, he couldn't throw a tantrum.

And now, his elder brother was going to have a child. For Lin Yitian, it was the last straw that broke the camel's back. He felt that the heavens were too biased by playing favorites. Clearly, he had worked hard too. Did the heavens think he was too easy to bully?

The heavens, "..."

This male god's capacity to play the victim was truly heaven defying, ah.

The two of them went down for dinner, with Lin Yitian once again carrying Song Jia. Because he was having fun with the fact that she was sticking so close to him, he didn't suspect a thing.

Song Jia looked at the upward curve of Lin Yitian's lips as he attentively put vegetables on her plate before deciding that she would tell him after dinner. In fact, she knew she was procrastinating. She really should have told him earlier about her illness.

But...he was recovering so quickly, and she was afraid that he would regress once he knew. Song Jia forced herself to eat the vegetables Lin Yitian placed on her plate, feeling that the delicious dishes she once liked suddenly became so bitter.