My Check Engine Light

••Edited a little ••
Previously titled 'for the second time in forever'

Fuck! Shit! Bitch! (Where's that from?)

Claire's POV

                        "Hello neighbor." I say, unsure of myself or what to even say at this moment. She smiles menacingly and hisses slightly at me as I slowly back into the bathroom, realizing that the vibe was kinda off. Alarm bells were ringing louder than a cathedral's ceremony bells, as I feel the ghost of confrontation climbing up on my back.

                        "Don't fucking move." She bites out viciously as I stop all movement in my body once again. It was like I was prey, and she was the elephant that was going to stomp on my bony ass any moment.

                         "That's not a very polite word." I point out stupidly as she scowls at me, wrinkling her button nose in disgust.

                          "Do I look like I'm trying to be polite you twit? All you humans do is try to make peace with things much more dangerous." She says quietly, stepping forward slightly— elegantly.

              "Do I look like a zookeeper? Of course I don't try to make peace with things more dangerous— I'm more of a hiker who keeps finding themselves in the clutches of bears or wolves accidentally." I clear up the misinformation as she her eyes narrow in irritation. My own lips flicker up slightly as I realize that my rambling is starting to buy me time— thank the lord for my awkward conversation skills.

              "You look like a little girl who needs attention to validate everything that she says— and that's why you're buying time as if Atticus the great is going to barge in here at any moment and save your ass." She says, snarling the last sentence in anger. Seriously, what is up with this chick? It kinda stings cause it's true.

           "I look like I need attention? Touché, bitch." I bare my teeth at her causing her eyebrows to shoot so far up, you'd think that they were actually going to take flight. I was gonna die soon anyway, so why not do all of the things that your mother disapproved of? She smirks at my use of the word 'bitch' and clicks her tongue slowly.

                           "I wouldn't have taken you as the fiesty type." She teases, slowly getting closer to me as I back into the wall.

                           "I'm not." I say, looking away from her figure coming closer. She was honestly giving me the heebie jeebies and I really didn't feel like losing a fight right now. She makes a 'tsk' sound at me as she gets in front of me, putting her slender pale finger under my chin and lifting my chin up. I'm now leveled face to face with her as she takes a sweeping look at my face, searching every pore and smile line I've ever had.

                         "Where has all of your courage and bravery gone?" She whispers. My mouth goes dry in fear as I see her eyes start to glow a crimson red, noticing the change in them immediately. Her almond shaped eyes narrow at me in frustration, tired of waiting for my response.

                         "Answer me, human." She spits out, her words laced with venom. Was it so bad to say that I was scared of this tiny redhead that claims to be a vampire? Right now, I wasn't feeling so mighty. I tried to hold in my gulp, but it was almost impossible in this situation. My throat bobs up a and down as I answer her.

                         "Down the drain. It evaporated, poof— gone." I struggle to get the words out, fear gripping onto me from every corner and curve of my body. She snickers slightly and latches her hand onto my arm, unpainted nails digging into my flesh.