⁰⁸ liar, liar, pants on fire

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.🌸 .* :☆゚. ───────

"hi!" sakura giggled. tsukishima and yamaguchi took their usual spots between he vending machine and black haired girl.

"hi sakura, another bento today?" yamaguchi asked her and pulled out his own lunch.

"yup! my grandma made it so it's probably curry and rice. good job the other day against nekoma, i never got the chance to mention it since you two left right after, but you both played really well!"

"ya right i couldn't keep up with their hitters"

"and i didn't even play"

"hey stop being so down! yami you got some good serves in and tsukishima the blocks you did put up we're really good! you guys both need a lot of practice but stop selling yourself short, okay?" she spoke in her same peppy attitude while giving yamaguchi a small nudge. he seemed to listen by the determined look on his face to do better. tsukishima however was a lot harder to convince.

when the boys began their conversation about a manga they both liked, sakura took her camera out and opened her lunchbox. she began to eat while looking through the pictures she submitted for her photography club project. sakura thought they were nice photos, but when she showed her photography club president, he asked her to redo the project. he told her "you need more heart in your photos, sakura. they need to tell a story" unsure of what that was supposed to mean, it took all of her restraint to not punch her upperclassman right then and there. maybe even take a picture, was that was the type of story he was looking for? in all honesty, most of her photos were of simple little things like nature that she'd see on her runs or desserts from cafes but they weren't ugly. she sighed at the thought of having to redo the project, not even sure what to fix.

"have you started studying sakura?" tsukishima asked pulling her out of her thoughts

"huh? studying for what?" she questioned with food stuffed in her mouth.

"exams"

"the year just started. those aren't for another 2 months or whatever."

tsukishima rolled his eyes "actually they're in 3 weeks"

sakura paused her chewing and stared with a blank face "uh... well i still have time to study" she shrugged before putting more curry in her mouth.

"can you please chew you food? that's disgusting and you better not forget. i'm not going to help you this time"

"i don't need your help you idiot i'll be fine, thanks. a month is plenty of time to study."

"3 weeks. he said 3 weeks." yamaguchi mumbled

"it's the same thing whatever." tsukishima rolled his eyes and yamaguchi just laughed at his frustration.

sakura got up from the ground and dusted her skirt off "well i'm going to the vending machine"