Stupid Binder

(episode 2.) Stupid Binder

            "But she doesn't realize this isn't something you just move on from

            "But she doesn't realize this isn't something you just move on from."

                         It didn't take much for my family to come up with reasons to eat cake. But this fine we had a great reason.

Alexa had texted Katie that it was time for us to come over for cake since it was the last time she had to take her cancer pills so we were gonna celebrate!

"Ooh! I'm so excited!" Katie said as we walked into the Mendoza household.

"I'm so excited too! Where's the cake?" Jack asked. I laughed at them and walked over to Alexa and gave her a hug before giving Lucas one as well.  I slipped my hand into his as we watched everyone around us.

"Jack we're here for Alexa." Mom told my brother. "But that looks like chocolate cake and these pants have some give, so dish away."

"It's red velvet, but i'll make chocolate tomorrow for the survivorship appointment." Lori told her.

"Oh, yes! What's that?" Jack asked.

"Uh, it means Alexas at the end of her treatment." Dave said.

"And that I kicked cancer's butt." Alexa said.

"And it was a total knockout." I said as Lucas handed me a piece of cake. Alexa and Katie both gave me high fives one at a time.

"Oh. So I guess that means you guys can start paying attention to me again." Lucas said as I left his side and sat at the table with Alexa and Katie.

"Oh, you're right. Let's start now." Lori said. "Uh, you need a haircut."

"Your posture is atrocious." Dave said.

"And your outfit is awful." I said without looking at him. He gave me a fake offended look as I laughed slightly at him.

"And your ears stick out." Jack said. "I wanted to do one."

"I really want to go with you to that appointment." Katie told Alexa.

"No way. You'll be too busy rehearsing  when you get the part of emily." Alexa said. I was able to go to the appointment because I literally don't do anything.

"Yeah, but if I don't get it, that means I can go with you, which means I don't get the lead in Our Town." Katie trailed off. "But I won't have time to be painfully disappointed, because i'll be with you at your appointment because my afternoon--"

"You just need to jump in or this keeps going." I told Alexa.

"Katie, you're going to get that part, and I'll be fine at my appointment without you. This is a really good appointment. Besides, my mom and dad will be there." She paused when she saw her parents. "Oh, boy. Well, Y/n will be there." I smiled at her and she gave me one back. "Okay. You guys ready?" We all got up and walked over to the kitchen counter to watch Alexa take her last pill.