Chapter 18

Just got out of surgery.. I feel messed up :/

"Its been days!"

"I know, Alpha, but the silver weakened her. She should wake up in the next few days-"

"Isn't there anything you can do?"

I faintly heard movement but other than that nothing. Until the doctor- I presume, spoke again.

"She needs to do this on her own. There is nothing I can do that could help her. But as you are mates, I've heard that it helps to speak to your other half and stay nearby. "

I heard nothing afterwards because it was as if my ears had shut off. I couldn't hear anything. I tried to open my eyes but they wouldn't open. It felt like they were glued shut.

Hello? Anyone there?

Of course. No such luck. My wolf was probably never going to speak to me until I fully healed which would probably take a month or even more. I wish I somehow knew how many days I've been out for. A sudden thought hit me.

Am I dead? Am I dying?

Of course not honey. If I was awake I would probably be shaking from shock.

Are you actually speaking to me?

Shut up, I need to tell you that the silver hasn't done much damage, my wolf begins, all you need is rest. By the rate we're going, we should be healed very soon.

And?

In order to help the healing process, our mate needs to stay with us. He needs to speak to us and touch us.

How do we do that?

No reply. Figures, she does this all the time.

I don't know how long it was until I felt and heard something. My ears were suddenly opened and my sense of feeling came back.

This must mean something.

I could tell that whoever was holding my hand is not my mate. The sparks just weren't there. Soon enough I began hearing voices.

"What did the doctor say?" Mom?

"She should wake up in the next few days or so." Dad.

I felt something wet touch my hand. What was it? Tears?

"Honey," my mom began, "please wake up. Everyone wants to see you up and healthy. You've got the whole pack in a frenzy."

A chuckle escaped from someone. It was deep and manly so I instantly noticed it was my dad.

"You should wake up and see the flowers and letters they sent you," he says, "that whole corner is full of them."

Silence descended into the room after. My mom held one hand and my dad held the other hand. I wished nothing but to wake up and make them smile. After a while though, they left.

I tried to open my mouth to tell them to stay but my lips felt like they were sewed shut.

I don't know how long, but I was somehow alert when my mates scent attacked my nostrils. I might wake up soon.

That thought and my mates scent had me wanting to scream out in joy. I was finally going to see everyone and talk to them. Hopefully soon though.

Sparks shot up my hand as a sigh escaped from my mate. Shockingly, I realized this was the first time he's ever touched me first. How I wish to be able to open my eyes right now.