t h i r t y - o n e

[ go ]
0:58 ──♡───────── 3:47
↻      ◁ || ▷     ↺

"Is it him?" Jeongguk asked, leaning forward to read the message. He clasped a hand over his mouth. "He knows where I live?- oh my god."

Taehyung turned to look at him.

"Jimin." Jeongguk gasped.

"What?"

The younger clutched onto his arm, panicked. "Minho. He- he saw me on Jimin's balcony. He thinks I live at Jimin's. Which means-"

Taehyung shoved his way out the car and sprinted over to the other side, yanking open the door before Jeongguk could react. He seized the younger by the wrist and basically wrenched him out the vehicle.

"Tae?" Jeongguk said, suddenly scared as Taehyung pulled him up the steps to his house.

Brow creased in concentration, Taehyung rang the doorbell multiple times, all the while holding on to Jeongguk.

"Tae?"

The older gave him a brief moment of attention, kissing him on the temple, right before the door opened.

Seokjin appeared in his alpaca slippers. "Oh hi you two-"

Taehyung pushed Jeongguk in then spoke to Seokjin in a hurry. "For the next few hours, don't answer the door. I'm begging you. Keep the lights down too just in case." He felt the lump in his throat. "Some very bad people are after Jeongguk."

Seokjin looked alarmed by this sudden information, but before he could ask any questions, Jeongguk was crying out.

"Where're you going?"

The older stared at him gravely. "You stay here and be safe." He looked at Seokjin. "Don't let him follow me."

"What's going on?" Namjoon came into view.

"Where're you going, Tae!" Jeongguk tried holding on to his hand but Taehyung reeled back instead.

"I need to go to Jimin's."

"But- but what if Gyu is there?"

"That's exactly why I have to go."

"Is Jimin okay?" Namjoon questioned, confused by all the loud, rushed talking. "I'll go with you if Jimin's-"

"No." Taehyung's hands balled into fists. "I'm going. Everyone stays here." He took in a shaky breath. "I've hurt enough people."

"Taehyung!"

Seokjin locked eyes with Taehyung for a moment and understood the severity of their situation from his deadly gaze. He nodded, grabbing Jeongguk as Taehyung turned to leap down the stairs.

"Taehyung no!" Jeongguk was yelling now, trying to break free from Seokjin, "Hyung- hyung let me go, please. Let me go with him." He wailed, "Please. He'll get hurt."

Within seconds Taehyung had started the engine and sped out of view, leaving Jeongguk behind.

"N-no." All the fighting strength Jeongguk had in him suddenly drained. He staggered forward, arm held in the direction Taehyung left in. Seokjin loosened his grip.

"Jeongguk." Namjoon held the boy by the shoulders and the younger sagged against him, sobbing into his hyung's chest. Namjoon exchanged looks with his boyfriend, both mystified by the events that just happened on their doorstep.

Taehyung's heart was racing, knuckles white as his sweaty palms clamped around the wheel. He felt the demons creeping. Every red flag he ignored was now shoved in his face, clouding his vision and hindering his focus. One wrong curve and he'll be done for.