Chapter 22

Being married brought us even closer together than before, which I didn't think would be possible. Henry seemed happier, more relaxed and more certain we were together for the long haul. We didn't announce it straightaway, but his fans are like hounds, and as soon as both sets of parents were spotted in Vegas, searches were done through all the chapel records. The news was broken for us. I swore I could actually hear hearts breaking all around the world.

Eventually the time came to leave Detroit. For me it had been a marathon, made endurable only by Henry. We would have a break in the Caribbean for the Christmas holidays, then spend some time in LA before returning to London. Organising it all kept me blissfully busy while Henry wrapped up his filming.

I'd chartered a private yacht, which would leave from St Thomas. With only an extremely discreet crew on board, it ensured we would have total privacy. It would effectively be our honeymoon, so I planned lots of sun, sea and sex. Henry was pretty enthusiastic about that idea too, ordering a secret package online which I was forbidden to open until we were on the boat.

We flew down to St Thomas on a private jet. It was extravagant, but such a treat to have the plane to ourselves. "So Mrs Cavill, there's a club we should join..." Henry said, his naughty smirk making an appearance. I smiled at him and played innocent.

"What club would that be?"

"If you go to the back of the plane, see that door there?" He said, pointing down the plane. "Go in there and take all your clothes off. I'm just going to get you some more champagne, I won't be long."

I sashayed down the aisle and stepped into the bedroom, which was small, but perfectly fitted. I slipped out of my jeans and top and was just about to unclip my bra when Henry arrived bearing two glasses of Krug. "I came just at the right time," he murmured, casting an appreciative eye over my black lace Lejaby lingerie. He pulled out his iPhone and prodded the music button. Instantly, a deep bass filled the room. "Tease me," he commanded. He sat back on the bed and sipped his champagne, watching me intently.

I put on a floor show, giving him glimpses of nipple, before turning away, hiding the parts he liked to see. We had hours till we landed, so I was in no rush and I knew Henry liked to be teased. When my bra was eventually thrown on the floor, I dipped my fingers into his champagne and dripped it onto my nipples, before letting him lick it off. I could tell by the away he was fidgeting that I was having the desired effect.

As I dipped down to kiss him, he grabbed my shoulders and threw me onto the bed, before dragging my knickers down my legs. Seeing him lose control was thrilling and a huge turn on in itself. Before I had time to register what was going on, he had my legs open and his face thrust between them, giving me lush, deep licks. I thought I'd come on the spot.

We spent the entire flight in the bedroom, setting the tone for the whole honeymoon. With no work or schedules in front of us, we both relaxed and got back to our more wild lovemaking.

Three hours later, both slicked with sweat, we lay side by side getting our breath back. "I think you've actually broken my dick," Henry told me, "it's exhausted."

"Your fault for being so damn sexy," I said. He smiled and pulled me into his arms. I nestled into his chest hair and inhaled his scent.

"Will it always be this good?" I asked. I was blissfully happy.

He stared at the ceiling. "Yes, I think it will. If anything, it'll get better the longer we're together. I've never felt so close to another person as I feel with you." His arms tightened around me.

We lay in silence for a while, enjoying the feel of skin against skin. Eventually, I shifted, only to discover he'd dozed off, no doubt worn out by all our shenanigans. Smiling at his angelic sleeping face, I jumped into the shower and cleaned up. I'd brought a sundress to change into before landing, so I pulled that on and left him snoring gently while I went back to my seat to read my kindle.

I had to wake him half hour before we landed, so he could shower and dress before we had to be in our seats. I figured he was shattered after nine months of non stop filming and the stresses associated with being on set all that time. With the privacy of the boat, he'd be able to fully unwind and switch off.

We got our first sight of the boat walking along a busy, bustling quay. It was a sleek, pristine Sunseeker, far larger than I'd expected. "Wow," said Henry, clearly as impressed as I was. We were welcomed aboard by the Captain, a jolly man called André. He introduced us to the rest of the crew, who'd be taking care of us. With our bags safely on board and being unpacked in the master suite, we set sail.