VI

I ran down the streets of Diagon Alley, passing the lantern lit shops that seemed to glow a faded gold. A smile was stretched on my face, and I could tell my eyes were sparkling with excitement.

I turned a corner sharply, jumping onto a nearby cobblestone wall, before propelling myself forward by pushing off of it. 'I'm gonna get a wanddd. I'm gonna get a wanddd,' I sang in my head.

If you couldn't tell, I finally got permission from Dumbledore to handle a wand of my own - and as much as I think waving a stick around looked weird - it's freaking magic. Anyone would be excited.

I flipped over another street cone as I looked behind me to see Albus following slowly. "C'mon oldie, you're slowing up the Manhattan Subway." I mimicked pulling a train horn, "Choo choo, Albus!" I yelled out.

I heard the old warlock murmur incoherent words, most likely cussing me out. I smiled, I love being annoying to my elders.

My eyes glanced up at the sky and winked at a nearby cloud, "Thinking 'bout you Zeusy," I mocked, before putting my hand to my lips and blowing a kiss to the sky as I ran down the stone walkway.

I started to think about all the magic I would be able to do. I could... summon pancakes to my aid whenever I want. Or waffles... OR I could make a spell to turn food blue.

Mouth wide open, I squealed in excitement. "Albus! Albus!" I yelled behind me, becoming even more impatient, the thought of blue pancakes, coke, and cookies running through my mind faster than the Hogwarts express.

I chuckled as I saw Dumbledore waddling my way. It seemed that these wizards relied too much on their magic rather than their physical capabilities. "Slow down, Perseus! You're going to make me sprout grey hairs."

I snorted.

"As if you aren't already looking like a skinny polar bear wrapped in a purple cape," I moved my hand to motion to his attire. "Beard looking like a straight chicken nest, made out of post-it notes."

Albus looked at me confusingly, before smiling and shrugging off my insults. "Didn't a young man say he would appreciate a wand? If so, we must be off with haste."

I nodded quickly, roasting Albus was only my second priority. My first is getting my hands on a slick piece of wood to wave around like a hooligan.

Eyes wide and wild, they searched for that familiar sign. I cartwheeled as I hummed the Batman theme, "Dun-nun-nun-nun-nun-na... dun-nun-nun-nun-nun-na, BATMAN!"

There was absolutely no possibility for anyone in the entire country of England, who thought I possessed even an inch of sanity.

Not long passed after my premier at my own personal concert, before Albus and I reached the yummy wand restaurant.

I smiled chaotically, "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy..." my head turned to the old wizard, "I might not become the smartest wizard, but I will for sure be the one that has the coolest looking stick!"

Dumbledore laughed heartily, his hands crossed over resting on his chest. He shook his head, "Only under the condition that I am graced with the pleasure of hitting you on the head, with said: stick."

Albus pushed open the door to the store of my dreams. A magic store. Not the ones with the cards, or the boxes. A real. Life. Magic store.

My glowing smile as I entered the room slowly changed into a look of mild confusion. It was not what I was expecting.

I knew I had high hopes; but, crushing them at this level had to be illegal. It was dull and quiet. Grey and brown. To be perfectly blunt, it honestly looked like a run-down shoe store.