𝟤𝟣 | The Maid

••

••

Lucifer

I could clearly see Bella was having difficulty in breathing properly. Her face was red and puffy. Tears kept rolling down her cheeks as she tried hard to push me away. She was having a panic attack.

"Bella?" I asked, my voice filled with worry.

"L-Lucifer-" she tried to say something but nothing came out of her mouth. The moment I heard my name from her, I quickly let her go and took few steps back. Her tiny body was shaking violently. The sight of her surprisingly made my heart ache.

What was about her? After that last night incident, I tried not to think about her. But I failed badly. Her brown hair, plump lips, smooth skin, the way she moaned in pleasure, responding to my touches. I just planned to play with the kitten but she was slowly tying me with her knots.

She was shaking, fear was clear in her eyes. She was trying to hide herself, she was trying to free herself. I was never so scared in my life but hell, that sight made me scared. When she called out my name in her vulnerable state, I felt that desire to protect her in my arms.

Her eyes searched for something. I watched her as she hurriedly headed towards the door before running out of the room. I didn't stop her but I followed her from behind. I knew where she was going, she was going to the garden, that place made her feel free.

She opened the glass door and ran until she reached the middle of the garden, surrounded by trees. I slowly followed her, without making any noise. She looked up at the night sky while mumbling something which I couldn't quite understand. She wrapped her hands around her small frame in a protective way.

My eyebrows frowned as I stepped closer but maintaining a decent distance between us. She was sobbing as she still was facing difficulty to breath,her chest was heaving. Her pain, it made my chest ache. I gave her time to calm down.

I stood there behind her until she calmed down, she sobbed quietly before turning around and looked at me. Her eyes were still red from crying. She tried to avoid my eyes as she was about to walk past me but I held her by her arms.

"What happened, Bella? Why are you crying?" I asked, my voice was demanding.

"Nothing just-" she tried to give me an explanation or should I say, a stupid excuse.

"What? That you had a bad dream?" I knew she was scared. I tried to sound gentle and soft but my voice sounded hard as I waited for her answer.

"It's none of your business!" She said through her sobs. I knew she was having a mental battle. She needed to take out all her pain but she couldn't trust anyone enough here to talk to. And for some unknown reason, I knew I was a stupid asshole to think about it but I wanted her to talk to me. My chest ached at her pain and I wanted her to open up so she could feel relief.