Chapter 39: Descent

Pay attention to chapter names from now on. Usually they're filled with utter bullshit that I think of on the spot but I thought carefully for this one and the next few ones so pay attention.

Also, hate me for this chapter but your hatred is nothing compared to mine.

Sakura's thrashed against the two Iwa shinobi, screaming and clawing but nothing worked, their grip was simply too strong. One of them managed to get on top of her and pinned her down.

Her eyes widened as she heard a zipper open.

'Dad, please help me!'

"What?" The word came out with such ice laced within it that it caused Tsunade to feel shivers crawl up her spine as she watched Naruto standing up, his hands against her desk as he leaned, his fingernails putting scratches into the wood.

"Sakura is gone." She replied in a broken-up tone as if already mourning her apprentice. "Sasuke sent a scroll via hawk messenger saying that Sakura had disappeared fighting one of the Akatsuki members, Sasori."

"Did he say where she was last seen?" Tsunade nodded.

"He said that an old woman had told him that she was last seen heading north towards the Hidden Stone."

"You want me to save her." Tsunade nodded, her eyes burning as she fought back the tears that gathered at the bottom of her eyes.

"You want to save her as well." Naruto closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Do I have permission to go save my daughter, Hokage-sama?"

"Do you need to ask?" Tsunade choked out. Naruto flashed her a grin.

"It'll be alright, Tsunade. I'll go get Sakura back!" With that, he vanished. Tsunade turned her chair around and gazed outside the window, a lone tear crawling down her cheek.

"You better." She whispered to herself.

Naruto rushed through Fire Country and straight into Wind Country, cutting through the land as he ran faster than the normal human eye could see, rivaling what Guy could probably do with at least five gates open.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Sasuke waiting for him by a tree. He appeared in front of Sasuke, a serious expression on both of their eyes. "I figured she would send you. I've been following her trail for about five hours now and it's slowly getting stronger."

"How did they get her?" Sasuke's eyes narrowed.

"We don't know." He admitted bitterly. "Sai is a bit behind us at the moment, but he's flying on one of his ink birds to catch up." Naruto nodded and created a clone.

"Wait here for Sai," He ordered the clone, swiping under his forearm with two fingers, a burst of chakra spread through Naruto as he closed his eyes, a black tint forming under his eyes as he suddenly burst into his Kurama Cloak. "Sasuke, try and follow as quickly as you can. I'm going to find Sakura as soon as possible."

Sasuke nodded before Naruto took off once again. He looked at the clone for a moment. "I hope you aren't a prophet." He commented before running in the direction of Sakura's trail. Naruto's clone frowned as he thought about the dreams he's been having lately concerning Sakura and the two large boulders.

He hoped he wasn't a prophet as well.

Naruto made sure to note his surroundings as he crossed into Earth Country and swore to himself as he thought of the possibility that Iwa had kidnapped his daughter due to her last name, though the war had ended almost twenty years ago, those who were inflicted with such hatred were sometimes swallowed by it.