22) Meri Behna? It happened

Warning: Strong visuals and emotions ahead.

22) Meri Behna? It happened 

Ultimate Fam Playlist: Laree Choote (Call)

Janvi's POV

'Tell us. Tell us the truth, Paa. This isn't fair.' I told my father, anger resonating in every breath, marking the first time I was angry on my dad.

'Life isn't fair, Jaan. You just gotta deal with it.' He said, grimly.

'If you ever loved me, you'll come down and tell everyone what happened.'

He looked at me with defeat in his eyes, but I can't help it. Right now everyone were on the verge of losing it and I don't want the same misunderstandings, the same secrets to keep this family apart. I'd rather have it all out and be done with it.

When I walked downstairs, I was expectantly looked at by everyone, waiting for Paa to show up and tell us his point of view. I scanned the room to meet my sister's eyes, only to see her visibly angry and disturbed. Must be the entire story, and how we are being told about the same. She was standing across the entire crowd, leaning on the pillar, her eyes meeting mine with disdain. 

I raised my brow at her only to see her jaw clenched, my phone in her hand. The rest of the family had similar sad and tired faces. My badi beeji, Vanshi daadi and Bua daadi were seated on the dinning table, their heads in their arms, tears spilling from their eyes. Dabbu mama and Shlok Chachu were standing with Veer and Samar, their hands folded across their chest and a grim expression on their face. Pinky Nani was seated on the armchair, crying, while Sweety maami was consoling her. Nanu was seated on the sofa with my Inder daadu, both of them tensed. Bade Papa was in my mothers' room, I could see him seated on the bed, tears in his eyes. 

The only ones smiling here was the portrait of the two sisters, looking down at us. My badi maa, her beautiful eyes, her beautiful smile was for the very first time fading amidst everyone's tears and my mother, my sweet soulful, happy mother wasn't lively enough for these walls. I couldn't believe that she drove them both to their deaths. I never really thought about it before, because it didn't matter, but I could sense the difficulty my father would have in knowing that his wife was the cause of the accident. 

To be honest, it was an accident. It doesn't matter who did what because that was not going to bring them back with us! It makes no sense to have this cause a turmoil in the family. I mean so what if my mother was driving the car, it was an honest mistake. If this was the reason my father drove me away from my family, then he was going to get an earful from me.

My head was heavy now that I fought with my dad, it was two in the morning but no one dared to sleep. No one could, even though Samar was fighting his yawns. All I wanted to do right now was make some warm tea, and sit back without any more drama. But I wanted to know the truth and truth in its entirety. 

Like an answer to my prayer, my Paa entered the house. Almost everyone looked at him with questionable eyes, mostly to know how he was but I was looking at him with anger. Bade Papa walked out almost instantly, standing on the door of their room, eyeing my father while my dad only looked at Mansi and then at me. 

"Kya jaana chahti hu tum?" He asked, his bloodshot eyes and strained voice was breaking my heart. 

He was facing me, and I walked towards him, "Kyu?" I asked, tears welling my eyes, "Kyu chodi family?" 

It felt like everyone held their breath, or it was just me, but my father rested his hand on my shoulder, "Because I had to, sweetheart. I had to," Tears welled in his eyes, as he softened his voice for me.