⚜Chapter 35⚜

Forever Yours

❇❇❇❇

I am his and he is mine; from this day till the last of our days.

❇❇❇❇

Isabelle's eyes opened on their own accord as she blinked slowly before raising her head to look beside her before a gentle chuckle escaped her lips when she realized that Elijah didn't sleep in their bed last night.

It was their wedding today and after much arguing with the rest of the family and giving up, the two finally caved to spend one night apart.

Her Original had offered to take care of the twins for her so she could get enough rest before the wedding and she couldn't have been more relaxed.

The past three months had been as amazing as they were hectic; Eleanor and Ryan became the reason the couple lived and they were the most doting parents anyone had ever seen.

Isabelle giggled remembering how when Ryan had caught a mild cold Elijah had ran down to the doctor's house and woken her up in the middle of the night right before he realized that it was nothing to worry about.

The twins, almost always, did everything in sync. Their sleep cycles were similar and when one cried, the other did too.

That was the reason why the couple spent every waking moment with their children. Elijah refused to miss a single second of his kids' childhood.

The two had been living in Isabelle's house in the Quarter since Dahlia's departure and Lucifer's death. Understandably, the Parabatais needed to catch a break since nothing well seemed to come out of their lives as Mikaelsons.

Now that they had the twins, it was also Elijah's decision to spend some time apart from the family.

Things had been calm in the Quarter aside from the occasional mysterious murders. The Parabatais had already made it clear that they were not going to help anyone solve anything. Not in the months before their wedding at least. It was too soon for them to get back into the supernatural drama.

Isabelle usually spent the weekends with Stefan, Niklaus, and Lexi whereas Davina and Kol left on a long vacation.

The noirette knew that the two were going to be back for the wedding and she was happy about the fact that her Trinkets found someone worth loving.

So far, there had been no news from Damon and irrespective of the number of times Stefan called, the elder Salvatore did not answer. But at least they all knew to that he was safe, thanks to the angel's magic.

Isabelle laid in her bed for a few moments, knowing that she had the house to herself since Elijah spent the night at the Compound.

Her mind pondered over all of the things that led to this day and she was the happiest about the fact that Elijah was finally going to be hers.

That was when the door of her bedroom burst open and Davina, Rebekah, Hayley, and Lexi stood in the doorway.

"Good morning, guys!" She excitedly greeted finally getting up as the four walked in.