Chapter 23

Slamming the door of their dorm after herself, Mia walked up to her best friend and sat down on her bed, making her turn her attention away from the book she was reading.

"I hate him," Mia muttered.

"Oh, Merlin," Sage groaned. "What did James do now?"

Furrowing her eyebrows, the brunette shook her head slowly. "I'm not talking about him."

"Was it Mason, then?"

"No," she rolled her eyes.

"Okay, how many enemies do you have?" Sage tilted her head to the side. "I can't think of anyone else, so who are you talking about?"

"Alexander Stone," she answered.

"Alex? Really?" Her friend's eyes widened in surprise.

"What, do you know him?" Mia raised an eyebrow at her questioningly.

"Of course," she nodded. "We had quite a few classes with him, plus he's the Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Who doesn't know him?"

"Me, apparently..."

"But why did you say that you hate him? Did he do something to you?"

"Yes," she scoffed. "He had the nerve to ask me out."

"Alexander Stone asked you out on a date?!" The Ravenclaw raised her voice with a shocked expression on her face.

"That's what I just said, isn't it?"

"What did you tell him?" She asked, ignoring her comment.

"No, of course."

"What?! You rejected him?!"

"What's the big deal?" Mia crossed her arms over her chest.

"What's the big deal, you ask?!" Sage asked back. "The big deal, my friend, is that Alexander Stone has never asked anyone out. Ever. Like, never ever."

"Okay," she gave her an unimpressed look. "My question still remains the same, though. What's the big deal?"

"Mia!" She ran her hands through her hair frustratedly. "Do you have any idea about how many girls have tried to get together with him? Even some guys tried, but he never even went out with anyone, not to mention actually getting together with someone!"

"Should I just throw myself at him because of that, then? Is that what you suggest, Sage?"

"Not like it matters," she sighed. "You already rejected him, the damage is done."

"Not really," Mia started examining her nails. "He rejected my rejection."

"What?" The girl gave her a puzzled look.

"He told me to think my decision through, then go and find him when I made my mind up. He can wait until he rots for all I care, I'm not finding him."

"Uh, yes, you will!" She grabbed her shoulder. "This is perfect, Mia! He's exactly what you need, it's meant to be!"

"It's not!" She snapped at her. "I'm not going out with him, there's no way!"

"Is it because he's a Gryffindor?" Sage frowned.

Mia clenched her jaw, then turned her head away. "No..."

"Ah, I see," her friend smiled lightly. "Your dad wouldn't be too impressed to hear that you're going out with a Gryffindor, right? Is that it?"

The girl remained silent, staring at the floor intensely.

"Well..." Sage scooted closer to her, lowering her voice. "What he doesn't know about can't hurt him, right?"