Chapter 2 - Interview (part 2)

"I don't want to leave in poverty. I want to be a normal person. When I go to the playground, other children throw stones in me. I want to be a normal person, who will be accepted by other people!" – I was upset when I said it.

Me from the past and me from the present are very different. I used to be a happy fool, who was living a careless life. While thinking of my past life, I started to understand my fault and the current situation. I was walking only early morning and during the nights, because I was afraid I would be caught and send to a center for homeless people. Before I remembered my past life, I thought it was natural for other people to treat me in this way.

Marianne asked in a low voice:

"So this is real reason for your coming?"

"Yes, I don't know, were else I can ask for help...", - I answered and after a moment I added:

"I'm sorry..."

Marianne whispered:

"Oh, child, what's it?"

"Ah ..."

On my sleeve was a petal. I'm sure that I cleaned my clothes. My cheeks flushed. I got embarrassed and took the flowers from the pocket which a brought with myself.

"This is for you", - I said, addressing to everyone.

"How cute, thank you.", - thanked Marianne.

Collen's face changed when he saw the flowers. He bowed his head and began to speak in a low, dangerous tone.

"Where did you get this flowers?"

"Someone gave them to me..."

"Who?"

"They were on me when I woke up this morning."

I shortly explained about the boy who sells flowers.

Initially, I planed to give this flowers as a present. My late mother used to say not to go to someone's house without a gift. Although I don't rememver very clearly becouse it was so long ago, but... she was right.

«He suspect that flowers are stolen?» - I thought.

But the red flowers that were with myself, aren't a very good present. It looks shabby.

Collen aswered after some seconds. He offered the hand and I hastly gave him the flowers.

"Good job."

"Yes..."

The followings question of Marianne sounded like the words of rescue.

"What is remuneration you would expect?"

I looked in her charming eyes and answered:

"I think for me is enough half of the salary of an adult."

I will do anything they say me, but I can't work as much as an adult, because I am small. Collen looked lost in his thoughts. My voice became more and more low.

"Half... half...?", - Collen spoke.

"Okay, but I need to check something before that."

"...."

"How did you find William?", - he asked.

I gave the answer on which I reflected the past night.

"I only thought that he looked like the man on the wanted papers. It was just my clue.", - I answered.

"Oh, you recognized him. You have a good eyesight. But why from the all people you addressed exactly to me?"

Collen's question was strange.

"It was just a coincidence"

"Coincidence?"

„Yes, I wanted to ask someone for help, and... You were the only one who stands out in the crowd. You are so handsome and noble..."

„Indeed?" A smile appeared on Collen's face.

It was an exciting smile.

„Yes, you looked like you can fight with bad guys. If there were cops, I would turn to them, not to you." – I answered.

„Then, one more question..." Collen had a very suspicious expression, his eyes were focused on me, when he questioned:

"How you found that I wanted to go to station?"

"It was obvious. Such a rich gentleman like you, wouldn't go throw the side street. If you hadn't hurried and listened to me, that bad man would have done more trouble."

Collen looked at me and said:

"You are very clever"

«Did his suspicious vanished?» - I thought and looked at him nervously.

"Please, stay a little bit in the next room."

Collen pointed to the door instead of saying that he was going to hire me.

Marianne added sweetly:

"We will have a conversation between ourselves. After that we will inform you about our decision."

"Fine." – I nodded.

«Please, I don't mind if I'll be a cleaning maid or a kitchen maid, even if I will be in charge of the stable. » - I thought.

I entered the next room and stared at the interior decoration, trying to hide my concerns. The living room ant this room are both very luxurious, I definitely like this place.

***