chapter seventeen ; "honor."

B l u e    M O O N

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ ; "ʜᴏɴᴏʀ."

299 AC

299 AC. THE ROSE ROAD. 

THEY HAD RIDDEN HARD THROUGH THE NIGHT, MAKING IT TOWARDS THE EDGE OF THE KING'S WOOD TOWARDS THE ROSE ROAD. None of the party had slept, they had only stopped at the break of day to water their horses at the Mander River near Tumbleton; being in the lands of the Reach soothed Jenny, she knew that with her Grandmother being the true power in Highgarden, she would not be harmed if it came to it. But, the Daemadar highly doubted anybody would take notice of the three women travelling through the Tyrell's lands to the Westerlands - where the new camp was, near Oxcross - a few leagues away from Casterly Rock. 

Gods, it must be hard for Jaime  - to be captive not so far from where you grew up. Catelyn had informed Jenny of what Robb had planned to do the other night, but obviously, due to the circumstances - the Lady of Winterfell hadn't told the blonde till the morn (she had received a raven a day prior to the incident with Renly). Robb's plan had succeeded, he marched on Stafford Lannister's massing army - however, this army was made from untrained civilians, forced into armour; Jenny assumed they didn't put up much of a fight, more of a slaughter really.

Cooly, the blonde-haired woman dismounted from her stallion - running a hand gently down the side of his neck, she clasped her pale hands around his reigns; smiling softly. Jenny led the horse down to the shallow part of the river, eyes mindful of the thirsty stallion all the while who neighed merrily - she ran a pale hand through a midnight mane, that sparkled with starlight in the sun's dew. 

The red-haired Lady Catelyn went to do the same, Brienne sat on a log, her horse was hitched nearby - her sword was out and being polished and sharpened. The two caught each other's eye and meekly, the Lady of Winterfell looked away - whilst Jenny watched the interaction through curious eyes. 

"It looked like Stannis," uttered the woman, who had large bags under her pretty blue eyes and had stream like stains decorating her cheeks. 

Regretfully Jenny was obliged to agree, she had seen the face of the shadow - well if shadows had faces, which they didn't. What had she seen? A figure cloaked so darkly in a veil of night, it appeared like a shadow? No. It came in a storm of darkness and evaporated into midnight mist, what had killed Renly was not of natural birth. It was born to kill, that's all its purpose was. 

Sceptically, though a part of her believed Brienne's words, Lady Catelyn exchanged a worrisome look with Jenny; lips turning into a thin, indifferent pale line. "To me, it looked like a shadow," the Lady of Winterfell's words came stiff as Jenny shot her a glance, "In the shape of a man."

"My Lady," began Jenny, hand resting on her horse lightly, "It did truly look like Lord Stannis," her words were shallow as if she didn't believe it herself. Brienne nodded to her, gratefully, hopefully proving that she hadn't gone mad to Lady Catelyn and to herself.