Chapter 46

"This is all you've got. And you fools, you really want to follow a leader who cares about his own life and not of the people who follow him blindly. Is he even worth calling leader if he cannot even have the dignity to accept a challenge that will stop this stupid massacre?" Adrian again mocked and question them with holding broken arrow in his hand which smells lot like wolfsbane. Jay had been shot by one of that, fuck.

We waited a couple more minutes for them either to retreat or for their alpha to show himself. It was clear by the atmosphere that they are questioning whether their alpha is worth keep fighting as they unconsciously keep taking small step back. I don't want to kill anymore bystanders to get that bastard out of his hole but I'm growing impatient here, I want to go back to check on everyone. I could feel Adrian fidgeting beside me making me turn to look at him to ask if something is wrong or is he hurt somewhere. God, I'm such an idiot why didn't I think of that before.

"Calm down, I can feel you bursting from anxiety. I just want it to end as soon as possible and I'm not hurt, not as badly as your wounds. Just end it," he assured me through our link. I nodded in reply and get up, honestly, I don't know what I'm going to do at this point. But luckily it was I didn't have to think as the most awaited person of the day blessed us with their presence.

He came growling and glaring with his glowing yellow eyes which was meant to make his victims fear him. He stopped good ten feet away from us and roared, "You will pay for mocking me in front of my pack. First I'll kill this obnoxious girl who thinks she could play big boy's game and then I will tear this wretched human from limb to limb."

He was an alpha who get mocked and called coward in front of his own people, his pack and the culprits were right in front of him. He wouldn't stop until he punished who are responsible, until he had a go at me for himself. He needed to do this for his own good.

His eyes darkened to a shade almost like black and he didn't even bother to strip as he ran at me, shifting in mid-run and tearing his clothes in the process. I made some distance between Adrian and me to avoid hurting him by mistake as he rushes towards me, with his large brownish wolf with the intention of killing me. He jumped at me with a wide, jaw which thirsted for my blood, but I simply move aside just in time for him to go rolling on the ground. He might be fast but I have practiced with elders and after that he is as fast as a normal wolf to me. The surprise is clear but he didn't let it waver him for a second. He snapped at me with his sharp canines, clearly trying to bite a huge chunk off as his claws dug into my forelegs.

With a growl of my own, I push back against him, using all my strength to throw him off me. He rolls to his landing but this time is quick to his feet.

Growls and snarls are shared between us as we fight without holding us back, our intent to kill unwavering as we attack again and again. His canines found me again and again, his claws kept digging new wounds all over my body, but I didn't feel any of it, as all those words of hatred and Jay's face keep coming in my head. I let him have his fun, let him show his strength to his pack, let him think that he had won this before I decided to end this all.

I caught his neck into my jaw mid-jump, he released a loud cry followed by whimpers as I dug deeper before slamming him into the ground, never releasing my death lock. I let my teeth sink deeper in his neck, letting the blood ooze out from him as he cried below me. Snap from his neck breaking satisfies my rage and I step away from growling loudly enough to make everyone kneel baring their neck in submission. I turned to look at Adrian only to find him looking at me with emotions similar to pride on his face.

I called pack warriors to take blood moon's warrior to cells, I will deal with them later and I also asked them to take all the dead bodies to the basement under infirmary. Later, we will have all the dead pack members would have the funeral as they would be buried honourably and all the dead enemies would be cremated, no disrespected action would be done with their bodies and if possible, their family would attend that. But dead had to wait as treatment of living is more important, some of the healing staff would go to treat prisoners. I was giving those instructions when I felt Adrian near me making me turn to him. He was holding a long shirt for me, I don't know if he had found them from where we keep spare clothes in woods or if the warriors brought it with them, but right now I don't care. I exhausted both mentally and physically, this whole war thing might have ended with his death but I still have a long day ahead.

I went behind a tree to shift back and wear the shirt as my warriors escorted surviving member of the Blood moon pack to the prison cell where they would stay till I decide what to do with them. I need to go to infirmary to check on all the wounded members and also Jay... he is there cause I couldn't protect him.

Now as I think of it Flicker been quite for a long time even now she is hiding somewhere deep in my mind and not making her presence known, all this must be hard on her... I flinched when a hand landed on my shoulder, I must be exhausted to not notice presence of my own mate.

"Let's go. We need to get you all fixed up, that bastard have left some deep wounds."

Every cell of my body did not want to go there, I don't think I have strength to face all those families that I've failed today, but I can't avoid it for long and I don't think any type of excuse would work on Adrian. Even with my slow steps we still reached the infirmary too soon for my liking and my hesitant steps didn't go unnoticed by Adrian as he wrapped his arm around my waist in both supporting and promoting me to go in.

No amount of preparing could have made me strong enough to face mourning families of our fallen ones. The injured ones were getting their treatment, some needed for help than others. I found my family in front of ICU, all looking worn out and broken but at least they are not severely injured. They noticed my presence and came to me.

"Is it all over?" one of them asked, and only managed a nod in reply. They exchanged looks with Adrian, conversation passing between them without even needing a single word, me being too worn out to understand didn't even tried.

"How...How is he?"

"Doctor said that we brought him here at right time," Kyle replied.

"But... but the arrow was shot too close to his heart and it was poisoned. They did their best to stop it spreading further but his heart might have gotten effected," Stephen continued.

He is like this because of me, only if I was strong enough to protect him like I was supposed to then this wouldn't have happened. I should have been the one protecting him but he ended up protecting me like he used to do when we were young. I could feel my shoulder slumping and my legs ready to give up any moment while I was feeling too numb to do anything. I heard door opening and a very angry and very sad Raven came out only to stop in front of me. I wanted to console her, apologize to her or maybe beg for her forgiveness, only my body would cooperate with me.

"How dare you come here? He is in that state because of you, he is dying because of you and you still have the nerve to show your face here. What kind of alpha are you, what kind of sister are you to be the cause of your brother..." she laughed humourlessly, "Maybe you never considered him as your brother, maybe that's why your own brother is standing here with just some scratches. My whole life I had wanted someone to love me, cherish me and then I found him, he was better than anything I could have wished for, but now even he is leaving me because of you. He is dying there because he put you above everyone, even himself. You took everything from me. You are a murderer. Never show me your face again."

I know she is right; I am responsible for this. I couldn't build the courage to look in her eyes as I muttered 'I'm sorry'. I didn't know when I started running, I heard some faint voices calling my name but my body was on autopilot and it took me somewhere. Somewhere where I could hide, I don't think I have any strength to face anyone.