40 - Percy's Sister

The panic consumed me the moment Harry and Ginny's house appeared before us.

Draco didn't let go of me, but instead pulled me to him fiercely, caressing long fingers down the side of my face, eventually cupping my neck. "This is the right thing, I promise you," he said vehemently, his silver eyes piercing mine. "And I'm here next to you the whole time, do you hear? I'm not going to leave your side, Ivy."

I nodded mutely, not sure how I could speak through my nerves.

He pressed his lips down upon my forehead before breaking away; taking my hand as we walked side by side up the steps that led to Harry and Ginny's three storey townhouse.

I rang the doorbell, my heart thrashing crazily against my ribs. I hadn't warned Ginny in my reply that I'd be bringing Draco, and I wasn't sure how his appearance would be received.

Her eyes narrowed the second she opened the door. "What's he doing here?"

"Nice to see you too, Weasley," Draco drawled contemptuously. "And if you must know, I'm here for moral support."

"And you think rubbing this git in my face is going to help matters do you, Ivy?" Ginny spat, ignoring Draco, instead looking furiously at me. "After what he's done to my brother?"

"Draco hasn't done anything to Percy," I said, as Draco, himself, gave a fierce hiss. "He's just being a good friend to me."

"I'm your friend! Harry's your friend!" Ginny implored looking utterly incredulous. "What's wrong with turning to us if you're so unhappy? I would have understood, I know Percy's my brother but if you didn't want to marry him then I would've supported you! Why turn to him?"

"Look, Weasley," Draco sneered, clearly fed up of being talked about as if he wasn't standing there, "I don't mean to be rude, but this is not the sort of conversation that should be carried out on a doorstep - not to mention I'm freezing my balls off here. So if you could kindly let us in to your humble abode...?"

Ginny chewed on her lower lip, looking between the both of us, as though battling to come to a decision.

"Come on then," she sighed resignedly. "But if you scare the fucking baby, Malfoy, I'll make sure my husband throws you back in Azkaban where you belong."

Biting my tongue, I followed Ginny inside, with Draco right behind me; his hand going to the small of my back in a gesture I knew was to comfort me.

As she led the way into the kitchen, I was shocked to see Harry sitting at the table with a sombre expression on his face - one that quickly turned to fury when he spotted Draco walking in behind me.

Panic tore at me; it was bad enough when I thought it was just going to be Ginny. I didn't know how I could confess with the both of them there.

"She's insisted on bringing the ferret with her," Ginny gritted as she took the seat next to her spluttering husband.

"Look, we'll go," I said, feeling suddenly desperate to get out; I couldn't do this, and I hated how hostile they were being to Draco. "I don't want to cause any trouble."

I turned around to usher Draco back out, but he remained stoic, refusing to budge.

"No," he said firmly, his silver eyes piercing mine intently, "Ivy, we need to do this. I'm here, okay? I'll say it all if you want. But we need to let them know."

"Let us know what?" Ginny asked, her voice full of confusion. "Sit the fuck down, won't you? Harry and I need to say something."

Draco gave me a curt nod and, as we took the chairs opposite Harry and Ginny, I was grateful for the gentle squeeze of my hand he gave me under the table.