Sneak Peek of New Book

IMPORTANT A/N: Hey, everyone! Here is a sneak peak of a new book that I started working on BEFORE I wrote Not the Same. Since I started writing this before this will have the love interest I chose. I hope you enjoy this sneak peak because it will be deleted. Let me know what you think and onto the sneak peek!
————————————————————————

Have you ever been hurt so bad that the pain never goes away? Hurt by a loved one? It aches forever and it stays with you. I never knew how much pain I could receive till four years ago, 2015.
———

Past: Before the 2015 World Cup.

Tatum's POV:

"Hello?" I hear Christen's voice when she answers.

"Hey, babe," I say as I get get into the Uber.

"Hi, my love," I hear Christen say nervously.

"Are you ok?" I ask her as my eyebrows furrow.

"Yeah, I'm ok," she says.

"Alright, I just wanted-," I start but then I hear something through the call.

"What was that?" I ask confused.

"Nothing," she says quickly, "Just the TV."

"Ok," I say with a chuckle, "Just want to let you know that I'll be home in a week."

"That's great, baby. I can't wait to see you," Christen says which makes my heart swell.

"Same here. I have to go, I love you Chris," I say as the car starts to move.

"I love you too Tate," Christen says and I smile then we hang up.

After thirty minutes I arrive home. I pay the driver and grab my bags. Not wanting Christen to know it's me I knock on the door with a big smile.

The door opens and my smile instantly drops. Standing at the door is my best friend, Tobin Heath, wearing Christen's sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants, along with messy hair. Tobin eyes are wide while she looks guilty and ashamed. While she looks at me I feel my heart breaking and I frown.

"Hey, babe. Who is it?" I hear the voice that I listened to a few minutes ago.

My chest tightens when Christen walks up behind Tobin. Her eyes widen when she sees me. Tears form in my eyes as I stare at Christen. She is wearing Tobin's t-shirt and her hair is the same as Tobin's.

"Tatum," Christen says quietly.

I don't say anything and grab my things. I turn around and start to walk away. I make my way down the street and call an Uber.

"Tate! Tatum wait!" I hear Christen yell.

I turn around to face her with tears streaming down my face. "What, Christen? What do you want?" I shout at her, "Are you going to tell me that you're sorry? I thought we were forever! I thought you loved me," I say with a shaky voice.

"I do love you," Christen says stepping forward me making me take a step back.

"No you don't," I say making Christen look at me softly, "How long?"

Christen's body tenses and doesn't say anything.

"How long?!" I yell.

"She's been here since you left," Christen replies quietly.

"Ok, so she's been here for two weeks, but how long have you've been cheating on me with her?" I ask her angrily.

She looks down, "Three months."

I scoff and I turn away. The Uber pulls up and I grab my bags. "Wait, Tatum, please," Christen pleads holding my wrist.

I snatch my wrist out of her grasp and put my things in the trunk. Christen stands in front of the door so I can't get in. "Move," I say sternly.

"No, please Tate. I love you," Christen says making the tears flow faster.

"No you don't. You're in love with my best friend," I say quietly and I hear quick footsteps approaching us.

I look and see Tobin with a desperate look on her face. I turn back to face Christen. "I'll have someone come get my things," I say gently pulling Christen out of the way.

"Go," I say as I quickly enter the car.

The driver speeds off and I turn to look out the window. Tobin is holding Christen as she cries in her arms.

I face the front and the aching pain surrounds my heart. Who knew the one's you cared about could hurt you so bad?

Goodbye Christen Press.