Chapter 76

"Stop them!" The Plutonian officer who spots the three of us shouts out loud but his voice is drowned out by the chaos around us. The exits that lead the way out of the pits are filled with panic stricken humans and Plutonians, all of them shouting and screaming as they try to get out of this small space.

Thankfully, no one is paying attention to us aside from that one Plutonian officer. He tries to reach us but another group of Plutonians barge out of the pits, blocking his path. He stares at us and then speaks into his communicator.

"Come on," I pull Rosie and we weave our way through the mass of bodies.

I suck in a breath, suddenly stuck between someones sweaty back and another persons front. My face is pushed against someone's shirt and I am practically dragged through the exit door of the building.

I have no choice but to release Rosie's hand but my other hand is wrapped firmly around my gun like it is my life.

I know there is no going back now, especially after that officer saw us. Especially after Lucian saw Rosie, Matt and I with our guns.

Once the crowd thins out I look around for Rosie and rush to her once I spot her. Matt is behind her and the three of us take off to the army base as quickly as our legs can carry us.

We hide behind the side of a large grey building overlooking the army base and my heart sinks to my stomach when I see almost a dozen Plutonian soldiers standing guard. There are usually only two of them.

Matt taps his foot on the floor nervously and Rosie is quick to shush him.

"Let's wait for the others," She says through bated breaths and then she wipes a bead of sweat that has rolled down her forehead.

We stand in idle silence and wait but each second puts me on the edge because I know it is only a matter of time till we are caught.

"What time is it?" I whisper.

"Half past twenty one. We only have fifteen minutes till the command center becomes accessible like 'S' said," Matt replies, his voice anxious.

"We can't take on twelve Plutonians by ourselves. We need to wait," Rosie is the voice of reason among st the three of us.

I nod my head and gulp loudly, trying my best to keep from shaking as much as Matt is. We hear the shuffling of feet and I quickly turn around, ready to fire. My shoulders slump in relaxation when I see Jade, Josephine and Joon rush towards us. They are carrying guns in their hands as well.

"Ron? Tiara?" Rosie asks and Josephine's eyes fill with tears.

"Tiara got trampled on and we were almost caught but Ron created a diversion by shooting at the ceiling. They shot him down immediately," Jade says with a heavy voice. Sweat drips down his cheeks and his dark green eyes are filled with pain as he looks at us.

"Shit, there are twelve of them?" Joon is quick to draw our attention back to the guards patrolling the army base.

"We're going to have to take them on. Some of us will die but some of us may make it through," Jade says and everyone looks at him in bewilderment.

"I think the chance of all of us dying is much higher," Joon replies.

Josephine starts to retort but her words are cut off by the sound of a loud explosion that pierces my ears. The entire stone building behind us trembles and I wonder if the explosion occurred somewhere inside.

We watch some of those Plutonian officers rush into the entrance of the building, shouting for back up into their communicators as they disappear from view. Now there are only three officers guarding the gate.