viii

-- still in flashback --

As y/n was searching for the young woman whom she calls Mrs. Himizu, she found her in a room, slightly opened.

Mrs. Himizu was on the phone. Y/n opened the door a little, just until it creaked.

"Huh? So you're telling me y/n has a grandmother? A blood-related?".

"..."

"I'll talk to her and send her there next week. I can barely feed enough for myself since she's here".

"..."

"Alright,it's a little far. But it's better than letting her be here for the rest of her life".

"..."

Mrs. Himizu disconnects the call.

"Ah, finally!".

y/n moves slowly, away from the room. She went upstairs to her room as quickly as possible.

She took all her clothes, and everything she can fit inside a bag.

She brought the money that was given to her after Mom was taken somewhere.

" Huh, where did mom even go?".

"Y/n?".

"Yes? Oh I'll be there in a minute. Just. making sure I don't leave anything".

"What do you mean?".

"You told me I was going to grandma's? I have to bring everything since you don't want me here anymore. I don't think you need something to remember me by".

y/n makes sure she doesn't leave anything. She made her bed, close the curtains and lastly, closes the door and head downstairs.

"Well, we are going there in a week so there's no need to rush now".

"In that case, just leave me at the orphanage. I can't stand being with someone like you".

Mrs. Himizu stares at the floor. How can she be a parent soon if she can't even take care of y/n?

....

At the end, y/n agreed to stay at Mrs. Himizu's place for the week. Though, she didn't unpack every single thing she brought with her.

Y/n doesn't talk with Mrs. Himizu as much, and whenever she tried to start a conversation, y/n just give a reply of yes and no.

There was no more laughter in the room. No more happy memories.

...

The week passed and it was finally the day to move in to y/n's grandma's house.

She is filthy rich, she inherited everything after her husband passed away.

"Grandma!", y/n shouted as she jumped out of the car. Y/n only met Grandma once, before her mother found out about her father's affair.

"Ah, y/n!", Grandma put on her slippers as she walks to y/n.

They hugged for a moment before y/n let go to get her luggage.

After talking for half an hour, Mrs. Himizu finally leaves. Y/n didn't bother to say her goodbye, or to even see her out at the front door.

She was busy with her new room. It was big, and beautiful!

"Do you like it, y/n? I figured you would like it this way since you've grown older now".

y/n nods in excitement. The room even has its own bathroom.

....

Y/n lives with her grandma for 4 years before she took her last breath. Grandma died after she was hit by a car, losing a lot of blood.

While y/n was looking through her stuff, she saw an envelope on grandma's study desk.

To y/n, my precious granddaughter.

She opened the envelope carefully and inside was a letter and a plane ticket.

--------------------------------------------------
y/n,

As you are reading this, I'm sure that I've already left this world. I felt like my time here is almost over, and I don't want to go without giving a proper goodbye.

I'm sure that you've seen a plane ticket to Japan in there. Please, for my sake, go there and live as you please. I have a small house there, so use it as your own.

I inherited everything to you, but please make sure to use it wisely. You don't have siblings nor do I, so there's no competition over the money.

Y/n, I thank you for bringing joy for the last moments of my life. It was fun and I hope you don't mourn over my death. Just keep looking and forward and never back, okay darling?

Yours truly,
Grandma.

--------------------------------------------------

She fold the letter neatly and put it inside her bag.

"Japan, huh? Alright, let's do it".

-- Flashback ends --

Thank you for keeping up until now.