Chapter 16

A T H E N A

"Something must've gone wrong in my brain, got your chemicals all in my veins, feeling all the highs feel all the pain. Let go of the wheel it's the borderline, now I'm seeing red not thinking straight. Blurring all the lines, you intoxicate me"

° ° °

I never expected to travel with a private jet, hell, I never expected when I got out of that jet that an expensive-looking car would be waiting for us. It's all a little new to me, and I find myself wondering if I'll be doing this often in the future. Vincenzo's soft touch on my back brings me out of my thoughts.

I walk down the couple of stairs standing in front of me, Vincenzo following behind me. The driver opens the door for me, sending me a polite smile which I return before I get in the car. Right after I get in, Vincenzo takes a seat next to me and we start driving. Immediately, I send mom a text that I arrived safely in the camping spot Lucy and I are supposed to be in.

We pass the gates and leave the airport.

"Are you excited?" Vincenzo chuckles when he sees me bouncing up and down in excitement. I nod with a big smile on my face.

"I'm in New York! What do you expect?" I smile, and out of instinct I lean in to him and wrap my arms around his waist, hugging him.

I wasn't thinking when I did that. Without waiting a second, Vincenzo wraps his arms around me, holding me tightly against his body.

"Thank you," I whisper and look up at him. He leans down, pressing his lips to mine before he withdraws, "You're welcome, dolcezza."

Then he leans in again, and what was supposed to be a peck, turned into something deeper.

Our lips glide over each other, tasting each other. His hand presses against my lower back, while the other is resting around my waist, holding me tightly against him. I feel his teeth sink into my lower lip, and a low moan escapes my throat.

I part my lips, welcoming his warm tongue into my mouth.

Hesitatingly, I meet his tongue with mine, making him groan and deepen the kiss.

His tongue explores every corner of my mouth, giving my tongue soft licks and twirls around it. I clench my thighs and want to climb on top of his lap, but I don't want the driver to be able to watch everything.

Vincenzo takes my bottom lip between his teeth as he withdraws from me, and looks at me with dark eyes.

"You're such a tease," he whispers hoarsely. A blush coats my cheeks and shyly, I look away from him and out of the window.

"Oh!" I squeal and scoot closer to the window, pressing my hands against it and looking up at the tall buildings. "We're really in New York! Vincenzo, look! Is that Times Square? I wanna go there! And can we visit the statue of Liberty? And I want at least to take the metro and walk around in the busy streets—"

Vincenzo chuckles and cuts me off by quickly pecking me on the lips.

"Easy, amore mio, we'll do that, I promise. But first, we're going to the hotel and get some rest, because you look pretty tired and get familiar with everything, alright?" he asks, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes," I answer, and smile at him. The rest of the ride it's silent, with only the soft music coming out of the radio.

After 15 minutes of more driving, we're in the center of the city, with all those yellow taxi's surrounding us, the people crossing the streets without really paying attention, I see some people running in the streets, probably late for something.