Chapter 26

Ava's POV

We walked side by side across the training field greeting people along the way. I couldn't help but admire everyone I passed. They looked so determined and focused as they trained, while I was dreading my own.

I was very sad when Jayden informed me that he wasn't going to train me himself, because let's be honest, imagine training with your mate. A heavy training session could lead to a heavy make out session which would allow me to get out of training sooner, rather than later.

"Alpha, Luna" a girl bowed before us as soon as we approached.

Her forest green almonds eyes were a complete contrast to her fiery red hair that was up in a ponytail similar to my own. She was gorgeous with her heart shaped face, straight nose and strong cheek bones. You could tell that working out was a priority from looking at her athletic body.

"Elsa here will be training you from now on" Jayden announced and the girl gave me a wicked smile.

I was not going to enjoy this one bit.

"Before you ask, I know that my name reminds you of Elsa from Frozen" she said, getting straight to the point.

"Uh, I don't know what you're talking about" I said a bit embarrassed not understanding her reference.

"OH MY GOD! Have you been living under a rock your whole life?" she exclaimed in disbelief.

"Uh-"

"We're having a movie night tonight!" she announced, leaving no room for an excuse.

I looked at Jayden beside me and he was chuckling at Elsa's outburst. I elbowed him in the stomach, and he immediately sobered up and sends me an apologetic smile.

"I'll be right here if you need me" he said taking a few steps back.

"So, you're not leaving?" I asked a bit confused.

"No. I'll be monitoring your training" came his reply.

"Wouldn't it make more sense if you trained me?"

"I can't" he replied running a hand through his already disheveled hair.

"And why the hell not?"

"There are a number of reasons why I can't train you. The most important one being that I don't want to hurt you" he explained, but I wasn't having any of it.

"You think that I can't defend myself? Because let me assure you, I can" I said walking up to him.

"Given your track record, I don't think you have quite mastered how to defend yourself." He did not just say that!

Without any warning, I swung a punch to his face which he stopped with his hand.

"Do you really think that it would be that easy to land a hit on me?" He taunted.

"You never know" I shrugged.

I swung another punch at him with my free hand and he prevented it from hitting his face by holding me my hand.

"If I manage to successfully land a hit on you, then you have to train me. Deal?" I offered.

"What the heck?" I have nothing to lose" he smirked and let go of my hands.

I circled around him as he stood still, anticipating my first move.

Kick.

Dodge.

Punch.

Block.

Kick.

Dodge.