Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The day all the girls in our small town dreaded came soon—the night of mating. The silence lingering around reminded me of the night I was taken, it was one of the scariest nights of my life. All-consuming.

"Honey, why are you getting dressed up?" Nana asked as she walked inside my room. Her voice dropped to a whisper as she looked at what I was wearing, "Are you going on a date?" She was well-aware of what was going to happen tonight.

"Nana, don't say that!" I chuckled and placed my hand over her shoulders. "You know that Luciano is coming to take me tonight. Remember, I told you?"

"Oh, yes but why are you getting dressed?" She asked again, her eyes racing all over my body.

I looked over at my reflection and found my dirty red hair falling over my shoulders. The dress I wore was exquisite, long and dark in color. Beneath it, everything was sheer but above, everything was covered, just as he liked it. It had been a few weeks now, I lost count of the days I was here, away from Luciano and the castle. We kept in touch through phone and our love grew stronger. The desire to see each other and rip clothes got stronger as well.

"Just like that..." I trailed off, tugging a bit of my dress in my hands. "I will be leaving with Luciano but don't worry, I will come again to be with you."

"Ah, not so quickly!" She pouted.

"Nana, you know I have to go. It's not going to be safe if I stay away from Luciano for a long time," I said, taking her hand in mine. "Rest assure, I will visit you again soon!"

"Promise?"

"Yes, Nana, now shower me with your blessings!" I said, closing my eyes and bringing my head towards hers.

"I hope you always stay happy," she whispered before placing a kiss over my forehead, "Will you be leaving immediately?"

My eyes flickered open and I gazed at her for a moment as thoughts raced across my head. The only reason why I invited Luciano over was that he could protect me if something went wrong. Lisa's words echoed in my ears every single night and I couldn't sleep with peace knowing that she was out there, somewhere, being kept as a hostage because of me. If there was someone behind me, I needed to know.

"No, I will be at the cathedral for a while. Once everything settles down, I will leave with Luciano," I said to her.

"Oh, all right, I have your things packed up, so what about that?" She asked, directing her hand towards the four large luggages containing books and diaries that belonged to my parents. Everything was in there–I just needed time to read.

"Someone will come by and take them," Probably one of Luciano's men.

"All right then, you should go, or else you'll get late for your mating ceremony," she winked at me before hugging me tightly. Her arms and warm body embraced me for the last time and with that, I walked out of the house with fear dreading across my heart, all over again.

•••

When I arrived at the town's cathedral, I was surprised as it wasn't quite. The girls were seated in their own comfort, talking to each other and having fun compared to the last time the mating ceremony occured. The moon ahead of us was red and the rest of the sky was dark. The blood moon meant something for witches as well but I didn't know anything about that.

I stood alone by a distance, away from the girls as a few SUV's approached them. I pushed my hands inside the dark coat that hung over my body and waited—for his arrival. Anticipation shot through me as I looked at the men walking out and heading towards the girls.

My eyes settled on the calmness that stepped out of the car. A bright, desperate smile took over my features as Luciano walked towards me. He hadn't aged a day but again, it hadn't been a month since I last saw him.

"Oh, fuck, Red, god I have never missed a woman more than you." He cursed before cupping my face and settling his lips over mine.

The kiss was not a demand—it never was.

He drew my bottom lip and nipped onto it before releasing me, his hands still rested over my body and he pulled me closer.

"Well, hello there!"

"Am I allowed to take my love away from here?" He asked me.

I blushed hard, and was no longer able to keep my smile down, "Yes,"

"Thank god. I thought you'd have cried or something,"

"I don't cry," I threw my fist over his shoulder and exclaimed.

"Right? Who was whining that day when I came to take you?"

"That wasn't me,"

"Really?"

"Yes, Mr. King, now, can we go? There are lot of things we need to do apart from kissing and I can't do any of them here—in middle of hundred humans," I said, flirting with him a little bit.

"Oh, you're scared that humans might get frightened by seeing the way you jump on my cock?" He raised a brow and asked.

My mouth hung in surprise and I scoffed, "No!" Well, it was a yes.

"Then?"

"Just stop—teasing can be for later, can we go now?"

"Of course, princess." He wrapped his cold, rough hand over mine and took me away from the dark place where I was standing at.

Being touched by him, after a few weeks, felt thrilling. Just as we were about to leave, I heard a scream rip through the silence. I turned around and looked at a young woman trying to get free from another man—a werewolf. I dropped Luciano's hand and headed towards the man.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Taking my mate," he replied back, rudely, almost forgetting that I was ruling over his kingdom a few weeks back.

"Move your filthy hand away from her,"

"And, if I don't?" The man turned around to face me.

"Then, I will break it."

"Try me,"

There were a few spells at the back of my head that I wanted to try but again, I didn't want to kill anyone. The man standing in front of me was clearly Derrick part 2, he was clawing into the females wrist and trying to drag her away from the cathedral when I made the rules clear that no one was going to be misbehave.

"Morulso," I raised my hand at his and in a snap of a second, the bones in his arm began to crush and he backed away from the woman.

"What the fuck?" He roared, jumping towards me. Before he could get any further, Luciano stepped in and stopped him.

"She's your queen, show her some respect," he said.

"I need to take my mate," The man replied, looking at me and then at Luciano.

I folded my hands across my chest and stated, "How about being nice? It won't hurt you,"

He looked over at Luciano and waited for him to say something. The werewolves no longer needed to obey me as I wasn't their queen. But, at the end of the day, Luciano agreed to everything I wanted.

"Whatever she said,"

Read the full book on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr