58

***
The useless seems to matter more and more

All my life is just something I can't ignore

Consumed and enthused by all that came before
***

Maya walks across the room with Timothée trailing behind her. She stops and admires the painting, The painting of an angel showing a knight the path to salvation. She looks down at the tag, "Antonio de Pereda's The Dream of the Knight."She reads out loud.

Timothée places his chin on her shoulder as he looks at the painting from behind her. Despite the painting being undoubtedly the 50th painting they've seen tonight something about this one seems to have stolen her attention.

Perhaps it was the underlying metaphor that the painting held but seems to be overlooked. The knight seems to be disinterested and asleep. His greed for materialistic items was too strong to seek salvation. Timothée wraps his arms around her waist and kisses the base of her neck. She turns around and faces him.

Maya smiles and places a gentle and quick kiss on his lips. He untangles his arms and removes his head from her shoulder.

Timothée holds his hand out for Maya, she grabs his hand and they walk off into the next exhibit. "I think we've seen everything, let's get out of here." He leans over towards her.

"Yes, but can we stop at the bakery?" She asks. He nods his head and holds his hand out. She looks down at his hand and interlaces their hands together.

As they walk out of the museum together Maya finds herself getting closer towards him. Hopefully he won't notice.

***

"I'm going to miss the food." Maya says between bites. He laughs and grabs her hand. She smiles down at their hands but doesn't say anything about it.

"What happens when we go back?" She looks up at him. "What do you mean?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"This," She refers towards their intertwined hands. "We don't need to change or stop anything if thats what you'd like." He shrugs his shoulders. They continue to walk.

"Is this just an unspoken thing between us then?" She says softly. There was no way he couldn't see that she wants it to be spoken.

She wants to have the conversation with him. After they talked about it last night. There was no way he was that blind. Maya wants to yell at him, tell him that she loves him.

But she can't, not now at least.

"I think it is," He nods. She finishes off her donut. They continue to walk towards the hotel in silence. This time the silence isn't comfortable. Its heavy and uncomfortable.

Maya and Timothée seem to have something to say but neither of them do. They walk into the hotel and towards the elevator.

***

"I can't believe you got a cannoli. There was so much to choose from." He points out.

"You can't go wrong with classics." Maya furrows her eyebrows. "But you can get one at home." Timothée tells her.

"Wrong," She smiles. "It's not the same, just taste it." Maya holds out the cannoli towards him as a gesture for him to take a bite. He leans over towards and takes a small bite.