Chapter 29

Today was the day.

The day the social world and media will see the tape. The tape we claim as evidence.

I was all ready and glamoured up. It was past noon and I was ready to leave.

I wore on my favorite dark red dress. It was long and reached the floor. The left side of the dress was designed to have a higher cut that showed of my leg. It was tight around the waist and then flowed freely. I tied my hair back into a long braid and completed my outfit with white heels.

Facing the mirror, I gave myself a small smile.

This was it.

Before I knew it, I was ready to go. This was really happening. Quinton had texted me and kept me updated. The big projector was set.

The celebration was outdoors so the fireworks would be seen when it hit new years.

The projector was supposed to be a simple slide show about the past three years of Williams industries, but little did they know, it was more than that. 

Without wasting another second, I prepared to leave. My heart was pounding in my chest, both from excitement and nervousness.

I walked steadily to the car, careful with my heels. Pressing the unlock button, I slipped into the drivers seat and prepared to leave.

                               * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The place looked beautiful. The sun had already set therefore it was dark and lanterns were tied up in trees, and tall tables where set around the grassed area with bottles of champagne and wine. A stage was set in front of all the tables with a microphone set up in the middle, with a massive projector displayed behind it.

Many people hadn't arrived yet. There were just a few men and woman in fancy clothing placing themselves at tables and pouring themselves tall glasses of wine.

However a full squad of paparazzi had already positioned themselves in front of the stage, all adjusting their cameras. I looked to my right to see several people beginning to arrive, so with a smile, I pushed my braid behind my back and began to walk over.

Walking over to a vacant table, I stood by it and poured myself a glass of champagne. Sipping onto it, I savoured the rich flavour.

Feeling a light tap on my shoulder, I turned around with the glass to my lips and raised my eyes at Quinton.

"Isn't it a little early to be getting tipsy Victoria?" Quinton smirked as he grabbed the glass out of my grip and took a sip, placing it back down on the table.

I rolled my eyes as he stood opposite from me, the table between us.

"I am not getting tipsy Quinton," I mocked and Quinton simply smiled.

Since Quinton was here, then surely Alexander would be here as well?

With that thought, I glanced around, searching for Alexander. Picking up my glass I casually looked over my shoulder.

Not seeing him anywhere I looked back up at Quinton who was already looking at me with a grin.

"He's not here yet," Quinton stated with a knowing smile. I narrowed my eyes at him and ignored what he said.

"Oh look there's Marcus," I dismissed as I spotted him near Max. My gaze trailed to a dark haired women that was held against Max. I raised an eyebrow as I recognized it as Catelyn.

"-and so is Catelyn," I said tilting my head. Looking back over at Quinton, I gave him a nod.

"You don't know me, I don't know you," I said and Quinton gave me a wink.