𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝐼𝑉

𝙲𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚁𝙰𝙻 𝙽𝙴𝚂𝙴𝚁𝙳𝙽𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙴𝙵𝚄𝚂𝙴𝚂 𝚃𝙾 𝙷𝙴𝙻𝙿 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝙽𝙴𝚆𝚂𝙸𝙴 𝚂𝚃𝚁𝙸𝙺𝙴

Varian, (Y/N), Owen, Jamie, Louis, and Benjamin walked down the streets of Downtown Neserdnia. The newsies had split up, going around the kingdom letting others know about their strike.

   "Well," Varian said, "I'd say we launched our strike in a very auspicious manner."

   The others looked at him, confused. They had no idea what the word 'auspicious' meant. "Uh... I dunno about that," (Y/N) said. "But we sure scared the begibers out of Weasel!"

   "Yeah! And did you see the Delanceys?" Louis asked. "They didn't know which way was up!"

   They laughed, remembering how confused the Delancey brothers were. "Ugh, I'm starvin'!" Owen said. "Let's eat."

   "Ok," (Y/N) said. "How much money do we have?" The newsies reaches into their pockets and pulled out a few coins. "Fifteen cents," (Y/N) said with a look of disappointment. "What can we get with this?"

   Varian looked around. He spotted a fancy Italian restaurant nearby. It was morning so it wasn't very full. They could easily discuss their plans for the strike without interruptions there. But Varian knew his new homeless friends with only fifteen cents wouldn't be able to afford it.

   "Let's go to that restaurant over there," Varian said, pointing across the street. "I'll pay for you guys."

   "Really?" Owen asked. "Awesome! Thanks Blue-Stripe-With-Goggles-Guy!"

   "W-wait," (Y/N) stuttered. "V, ya don't have to do this for us."

   "I want to," Varian replied. "Now, c'mon. Let's eat. Order whatever you'd like."

   They entered the restaurant and ordered a large peperoni pizza to share amongst them. They gobbled it down quickly. The newsies hadn't had a proper meal in ages. As they finished eating, Varian spoke up. "So, you really think this is going to work?"

   "Why wouldn't it?" Owen asked, taking a bite out of his pizza crust.

   "I'll rephrase," Varian said. "Do you really think the richest king and queen in the Seven Kingdoms will give the time of day to a bunch of kids who haven't got a nickel to their name?"

   "Hey, you don't gotta be insultin'!" Louis said. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, silver coin. "I got a nickel."