Siblings

Please read before reading chapter!!!!

Hey everyone!! So I just realized that it's been 4 years since I've joined Wattpad! And I've also realized (not really) that I'm extremely slow when it comes to updating!! So I wanted to do something special! Please enjoy this 3 chapter update on all of my stories today!!!  Thanks for reading and commenting! Hope you guys enjoy!!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The door opened, and Maya was staring down at what looked like a younger version of herself. The little girl looked only around ten years old, she had Maya's blond hair and her eyes were the same color. Her facial features were a little different, but other than that there was no doubt that they were sisters.

"Um, hi. I'm Maya, I'm here to see your parents." Maya told her. She smiled at the girl, she didn't want to be rude, but it was a little awkward just standing there. The little girl smiled at her.

"Hi!" She said excitedly. "I know about you! Daddy told us all about you! I've been wanting to meet you for so long! But daddy said we had to wait until it was the right time!" Her enthusiasm was insane as Maya widened her eyes at how energetic the girl sounded. "I'm Sarah!" She said.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Sarah." Maya smiled at her. This kid was so innocent, completely oblivious as to why she was here. Maya wondered how long they had known about her, how long they thought she was out there somewhere, thinking that she didn't want to meet them.

"Sarah, who's at the door?" A woman asked from behind.

"It's Maya!" Sarah yelled excitedly. Maya felt her heart give give a leap and nerves come up to her stomach as a woman came from behind Sarah and stared.

"Oh hello, we were hoping you'd be able to make it." The woman smiled. "I'm Carrie." She pulled Sarah to the side and made room for Maya to walk in. Maya walked through the door and swallowed hard as Carrie closed it. "Sarah, go tell your siblings we have company." She told her. Sarah ran off down the hallway. "Thank you for coming. He's been asking everyday if you had shown up. He's getting weaker."

"Where is he?" Maya asked. Sarah nodded up the stairs.

"He's in our guest room upstairs. I've tried to get him to stay in our bed and insist that I take the guest room. But the guest room has a view out the window, he says it reminds him of you." Carrie told her. Maya looked away as she felt a slight pain come to her chest. She didn't want to hear that.

"Should I just go on up?" Maya asked her. Carrie was about to respond when heavy footsteps started coming down the hall and making their way towards the two of them.

Maya turned around and saw that Sarah was back, along with three others that Maya assumed were all her step siblings. They came up to stand beside their mother, all looking at Maya with curious gazes, except for Sarah, who was beaming. And the oldest of the sibling, who looked as if she couldn't hate Maya more.

"Maya these are our kids. This is Savannah, she's actually mine, I married Kermit when she was just a little girl. She's sixteen. This is Jeremy, we actually adopted him when he was eight. He's fourteen. Then of course, you've met Sarah, and this is Cody, they're twins. Ten years old. They're ours."

Maya smiled at all of them, though she felt a slight pain in her chest as she looked at them. Savannah looked as if she thought Maya was the most disgusting being on the planet. It was obvious she did not care for her being here one bit. Jeremy smiled at her, but he definitely looked guarded. Maya couldn't help but feel a little jealous, Kermit had left her and her mother high and dry, he didn't want Maya. But yet, he picked Jeremy out and chose him to be their kid.

But as soon as that thought came to her head, Maya felt immediate shame in thinking it. It wasn't Jermey's fault that he was adopted. In fact, they were in the same boat if you thought about it. Something had happened to his real parents, and she was left by Kermit. In a way, they could relate to one another.

Sarah was by far the most happy that Maya was there. Cody looked like he was completely oblivious to what was going on. Like he really didn't care one way or the other.

"It's nice to meet you all." Maya told them. She wondered if they knew the whole story of what happened. Or if Kermit told them something else.

"Maya's here to see daddy. Remember how we explained who Maya was?" Carrie asked the younger ones.

"Everyone knows who she is, mom. You and dad have been telling us about her for years." Jeremy stated. He wasn't being ugly about it. Just stating a fact.

"Funny how she chooses now to come and see him. Plan to try and get your hands on all that life insurance because your his first born?" Savannah on the other hand, was being ugly about it.

"That's enough you two. I told you how important this was to your father and you're going to treat her like she's a guest." Carrie snapped at the two oldest. Maya narrowed her eyebrows as she watched Savannah roll her eyes. Did they think she was here to get money? Was that what Kermit wanted to see her about? She didn't want his money, she didn't even want to be here.

"You can go on up, dear. He's on the second bedroom on the left right as you go up the stairs." Carrie told her. Carrie glared at Savannah as Maya walked forward and started up the stairs. She could hear Carrie scolding Savannah and Jeremy as she disappeared around the corner. Although she didn't know why Jeremy was being scolded, he didn't really do anything.

Maya came up to the second door on the left, just like Carrie told her. She knocked on the door and heard a faint voice tell her to come in. She opened the door and her heart stopped at what she saw.

Kermit was leaning up on the bed. He was hooked up onto a heart monitor machine. He was hooked up to oxygen and his face was so pale. He looked like he had lost a lot of weight and his hair was now short. It looked like he had gotten a haircut before it had started to fall out.

"Maya," he smiled weakly as she walked into the room. Maya couldn't bring herself to smile back. For a moment she felt all her anger towards him wash away and be replaced with sadness. But it seemed as if her emotions were running wild as she started to feel all kinds of things as she walked closer into the room. "Come sit." He said as he motioned over to a chair beside his bed. Maya walked closer and took a seat, avoiding eye contact.

"H-how are you?" Maya asked him. She looked down at her hands that were in her lap.

"I'm taking it day by day. But I'm glad you were able to make it. I had some things that I wanted to discus with you." He told her quietly.

His voice was only slightly above a whisper. It was clear that he wasn't able to talk much more above that. Maya sighed as she clenched her fists tight. She looked up to meet her fathers gaze and leaned back into her chair.

She wanted more than anything to run away in that moment.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________